Wellness Essentials | Pregnancy
METAGENICSNappi Code: 713052-001
We've curated every product in our I DO | Nutrition shop based on their nutrigenomic properties and leading manufacturing standards. Nutrigenomics is the study of food and nutrients as one of the most important environmental modifiers of gene expression. A personalised protocol based on your unique DNA, biochemistry and symptoms can help you create optimal wellness and prevent many chronic lifestyle-related diseases. This is called 'personalised scientific wellness'.
Advanced Nutritional Support for Preconception through Nursing
Wellness Essentials Pregnancy is formulated to provide comprehensive nutritional support for preconception through nursing. It features excellent prenatal nutrition, including omega-3 fatty acids and folate, which are critical to healthy fetal development and a smooth pregnancy.*
Benefits | Features
- Prenatal multivitamin support: Advanced Prenatal provides a sciencebased combination of vitamins and minerals, incorporating 1 mg of folate and an array of antioxidants that reflect the latest research in prenatal nutrition*
- Fetal brain development support: Choline, an essential nutrient, is included for additional support based on current research*
- Fetal development, heart health, mood, and overall health support: OmegaGenics® EPA-DHA 720 is a qualityguaranteed omega-3 fatty acid fish oil manufactured and third-party tested to ensure greater purity*
- Bone density support: Calcium/Magnesium supports bone health and may also support muscle relaxation and help ease nighttime limb movement and pregnancy-associated leg cramps*
- No GMO's
- Packaged in recyclable material
"Good nutrition choices start in the womb. ‘Metagenics Wellness Essentials: Pregnancy’ gives pregnant and nursing moms all the key nutrients they need to give their baby the best nutritional start in life. Of particular mention, is that Metagenics has added folate in its active form: 5-MTHF. The body is able to readily use this form. This is one of the few pregnancy supplements on the market that includes folate in this form. This form of folate helps to bypass possible genetic methylation variations that a mom or baby could have, that could possibly lead to birth defects related to a folic acid deficiency. It also assists pregnant women to methylate/breakdown her hormones into safe metabolites after they’ve done their job in her body. If estrogen is not broken safely, carcinogenic metabolites could result and cause DNA damage, and possibly an estrogen-driven cancer. We love that Metagenics has enhanced this supplement with a phytomulti supplement - a supplement containing all the well-researched active ingredients from many key ‘super’ plants that help turn of off lifestyle-related chronic diseases. ‘Wellness Essentials: Pregnancy’ also contains an omega-3 fish oil supplement to support healthy baby brain development".
Pair with these tests
To check if you should include this product in your daily supplement protocol, you can order the following DNA and/or biochemistry tests online:
Each sachet contains
- 2 Advanced Prenatal tablets (green)
- 2 Calcium/Magnesium tablets (white)
- 1 Choline softgel (opaque brown)
- 2 OmegaGenics EPADHA 720 softgels (yellow)
Serving size: 1 Packet
Servings per container: 30
Amount per sachet:
|Calories from Fat||25|
|Total Fat||2.5 g||**|
|Vitamin A (4000 IU as mixed carotenoids and 1500 IU as retinyl palmitate)||5500 IU||69%|
|Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid and niacinamide ascorbate)||500 mg||833%|
|Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol)||1000 IU||250%|
|Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopheryl succinate)||100 IU||333%|
|Vitamin K (as phytonadione)||90 mcg||**|
|Thiamin (as thiamin mononitrate)||3.4 mg||200%|
|Niacin (as niacinamide ascorbate)||35 mg||175%|
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl)||20 mg||800%|
|Folate (as folic acid and calcium L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate)||1000 mcg||125%|
|Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin)||120 mcg||1500%|
|Pantothenic Acid (as D-calcium pantothenate)||20 mcg||200%|
|Calcium (as calcium citrate)||400 mg||31%|
|Iron (as ferrous bis-glycinate)||30 mg||167%|
|Iodine (as potassium iodide)||175 mcg||117%|
|Magnesium (as magnesium oxide)||300 mg||67%|
|Zinc (as zinc citrate)||25 mg||167%|
|Selenium (as selenium aspartate)||200 mcg||**|
|Copper (as copper citrate)||2 mg||100%|
|Manganese (as manganese citrate)||1.2 mg||**|
|Chromium (as chromium citrate)||200 mcg||**|
|Molybdenum (as molybdenum aspartate)||25 mcg||**|
|Choline Bitartrate (providing 175 mg choline)||460 mg||**|
|Natural Marine Lipid Concentrate||2.8 g||**|
|EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid)||860 mg||**|
|DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid)||580 mg||**|
|Other Omega-3 Fatty Acids||80 mg||**|
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, cellulose, stearic acid (vegetable), silica, and coating (water, hypromellose, medium chain triglycerides , hydroxypropylcellulose, and sodium copper chlorophyllin)
Other Ingredients: Stearic acid (vegetable), microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, silica, and coating (water, hypromellose, medium chain triglycerides, and hydroxypropylcellulose)
Other Ingredients: Soybean oil, gelatin, sorbitol, glycerin, water, beeswax, lecithin (soy), and carob powder (colour). Contains soy
OmegaGenics EPA-DHA 720
Ingredients: Marine lipid concentrate [fish (sardine, anchovy, and mackerel) oil], gelatin, glycerin, purified water, natural lemon flavour, natural tocopherols, rosemary extract, and ascorbyl palmitate. Contains: fish (sardine, anchovy, and mackerel)
Take one packet daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Cautions | Warnings | Interactions
Do not exceed recommended dosages unless on the advice of a health care provider. Do not use this product if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. If you are on medication, taking nutritional supplements, suffering from any medical condition, pregnant, or breastfeeding, it is advisable to seek medical advice before starting any new food, supplement or remedy. Keep this product out of the reach of children.
- Excess vitamin A intake may be toxic and may increase the risk of birth defects. Pregnant women and women who may become pregnant should not exceed 5000 IU of preformed vitamin A (retinyl acetate) per day.
- Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6. In a case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control centre immediately.
- Do not use before surgery.
- If pregnant or nursing, or taking medication - including blood thinning medications - consult your healthcare practitioner before use.
Store tightly closed in a cool, dry, dark place.