GUT | UDoColonTest™
"JOINCIRCLES enables you to own your own medical data. After buying an advanced biochemistry test here, we’ll send your test kit out the next working day. When your kit arrives, do the test and call our courier to collect – follow the simple instructions in the kit. The lab will take around 21 working days to analyse your sample from the time they receive your sample. When your results are ready, I'll email them directly to you. To get the full value from your results, we highly recommend that you contact a healthcare practitioner from our ‘Practitioner Circle’ to take you through your results. This will help you understand how and where to focus your efforts. They may suggest additional relevant blood, blood spot and urine biochemistry tests that you can do going forward, to measure and track your risks and potentials. After your consult, you could book a wellness coaching appointment with Margie to get you started and keep you on track. Once you have your biochemistry results, you can start shopping for your personalised nutrition, environment and lifestyle choices on JOINCIRCLES.com. This is how you start on your journey towards optimal wellness! Please contact me if you need help choosing the right test and/or practitioner for your needs". Dr Heidi | email@example.com
Are you avoiding your colonoscopy?
Colon cancer is one of the most common cancers in men and women over the age of 50 years old. However, specialists report infections from age 40+
This simple home test kit is up to 98% accurate in detecting cancerous risks. It’s a non-invasive test that is not a stool sample.
- Easily collect a sample of toilet water using a small brush.
- Your sample will be analysed in a laboratory for a specific protein that's an indicator of possible colon cancer in men and women.
- Within our UDoColonTest™, you'll find the InSure FIT test which is a Fecal Immunochemical Test (FIT). It has been used to screen millions of people around the world. Clinical studies have proven that InSure FIT is highly accurate for detecting even tiny or invisible amounts of blood in a sample.
- Courier and lab analysis included in the price.
How does it work?
- Order a UDoColonTest™
- We'll deliver it to your address
- Do the test
- Log courier collection
- Our courier will collect your sample
- You'll be notified as soon as your results are ready
- We provide 6 - 8 free counselling sessions if you would like them
Our Comments"We love this do-it-yourself, home colon cancer pre-screening test. It can help you determine whether or not you need to undergo a colonoscopy. Most people don't voluntarily go for regular colonoscopies because they are invasive and expensive. This test allows you to screen in the privacy of your own home, in a very non-invasive way. If you need further screening based on your test results, then please see your doctor. We hope this test will result in more colon cancer prevention". Dr. Heidi
UDoTest.com is our lab that handles:
- Courier collection
- Lab processing or your test sample
- Notification of your results directly to you
- Offering you 6-8 free counseling sessions regarding your test results if you need to talk to someone about your results
- Once you've done your test sample, you will log your test for collection on their site and they will take it from there.
Do toilet bowl deodorizers/fresheners/cleaners interfere with the test?
- Yes, remove any deodorizers/fresheners/cleaners from the toilet bowl and flush the toilet twice prior to performing the test. These may decrease the sensitivity of the test.
Are there any special dietary requirements in order to take the UDoColonTest?
- No. You do not need to change your diet in any way before using the UDoColonTest.
Will I need to follow a special medication routine, or change my current medications in order to use the UDoColonTest?
- No. You do not need to change any medications or medication routines.
Will I have to handle my stool when using the UDoColonTest?
- No. The UDoColonTest makes use of the long-handled blue brush, allowing you to perform the screening test with no fecal handling or smearing. After each bowel movement, use a brush to gently brush the surface of the stool in water for about 5 seconds and then dab it onto the test card. We call this the 'Blue Brush Method'.
Can both samples be taken from the same bowel movement?
- No. Colorectal lesions, including some polyps and colorectal cancers, may bleed intermittently or not at all. By sampling from more than one bowel movement, the likelihood of detecting bleeding is increased.
How much should time pass between the two bowel movements?
- There is no particular amount of time necessary, as long as the samples are from two distinct bowel movements. You should remember that the test must be processed within 14 days of collection of the first sample, so ensure that there is no significant delay between the first and second samples.
Where can the test card be stored after taking the first sample?
- You can store the test card in your bathroom, out of direct sunlight and away from heat. It is recommended that the test card is stored at room temperature.
Can a sample be taken from a stool not in water, or from used toilet paper?
- No. UDoColonTest has been designed for collecting a sample of water surrounding the stool.
Should I use the UDoColonTest™ if I see blood in my toilet bowl?
- No. If you see blood in the toilet bowl, you should immediately consult your physician.
Should I use the UDoColonTest™ if I have haemorrhoids that are bleeding?
- No. Because the UDoColonTest detects blood in and around the stool, active bleeding from hemorrhoids could provide a false positive result.
Can I do the UDoColonTest™ if I am menstruating?
- No. You should not perform the test three days before, during, or three days after your menstrual period. Because the UDoColonTest screening detects blood in and around the stool, active bleeding from menstruation could provide a false positive result.
Can I do the UDoColonTest™ if someone in my house is menstruating?
- You can perform the test if someone else in the house is menstruating, provided that you flush the toilet twice before beginning your sample collection process.
You need to provide two samples - because colorectal conditions may not bleed all the time, and because blood may not be uniformly distributed in the stool. The UDoColonTest requires a sample from each of two separate bowel movements.
TEST SAMPLE 1
- Take the instructions, Brush Kit and Test Card into the bathroom. Flush the toilet before your bowel movement.
- After your bowel movement, do not place used toilet paper in the toilet bowl. Instead, use one of the waste bags provided. Do not flush the toilet.
- Lift the flap marked "A" or "LIFT HERE FOR SAMPLE 1" on the Test Card to uncover the small white square underneath.
- Using one of the blue brushes, gently brush the surface of the stool for about 5 seconds. If the stool is loose, simply stir the water around the stool. Remove the brush from the water and gently shake it once to remove excess water and any clumps of stool.
- Transfer the water sample by gently dabbing the bristles of the brush onto the small white square on the Test Card for about 5 seconds (some staining of the square may occur). Put the used brush into the kit waste bag and throw away in your rubbish bin.
- For the first sample, print your name, date of birth, and the date the sample was collected on one of the labels located on the instructions for use. Peel off the label and use it to reseal the flap marked "A" or "SAMPLE 1". See diagrams for the correct positioning of the label.
TEST SAMPLE 2
- Your second sample must be from a different bowel movement. (Since bleeding may not occur all of the time, a second bowel movement is sampled to increase the chance of detecting blood).
- Using the second blue brush, waste bag, and the Test Card flap marked "B" or "LIFT HERE FOR SAMPLE 2", repeat steps 1 - 6 shown above. Use the other label to reseal the B flap or SAMPLE 2.
- Place the Test Card in the envelope.
- Log your courier collection request with UDoTest.com
Is it safe to post my sample back to UDoColonTest™?
- No, use our couriers.
How soon must I get my completed UDoColonTest™ back to the UDoTest™ offices?
- The sooner your sample is sent to our labs, the better. Our UDoHPVTest™ is more stable when transporting because it is a dry swab specimen. However, please notify us should you have any problems.
South African orders
- Your sample will be processed at Lancet Laboratories.
- Your sample will be processed at TDL Pathology Lab.
The US and all other international orders
- We are in the process of signing up with additional laboratories worldwide. For now, please contact us to arrange a collection with our preferred courier who can offer you a good rate. This will be an additional cost.
For our US customers: Is shipping back to our lab in South Africa included in the price?
- Please note that shipping of your completed test back to South Africa is not included. We will help you with a quote from our couriers when your test is completed. Please log your collection here.
Do you recommend UPS or FEDEX for international shipping?
- We recommend using FEDEX or DHL for door-to-door delivery so that we can receive your sample as soon as possible.
When will I get my test result?
- Within 10 working days from when the laboratory receives it. However, we will email you every step of the way. You will never be left in the dark.
How do I get my results?
- We will email you when your results are available on your secure UDoTest™ profile. This will only happen once our laboratory and a doctor have reviewed them.
I can't read my result. Please help?
- Please login to your secure profile to see feedback from your doctor. Log in using the link on the top right of the homepage. If you forgot your password, please reset in when logging in. Once logged in, pls click on results. Should you have any problems once logged in, please use our live chat service for immediate help.
Result: "No Human blood detected".
This means that no human blood was found in your sample. However, some bowel conditions do not bleed all the time. A fecal occult blood test may not detect blood even if a condition is present. If, after doing the test, you receive a negative result but you still have symptoms, please see your doctor as soon as possible.
What do I do next?
- Regular screening every 12 - 24 months is recommended for individuals over the age of 50 using a FIT test. If you become ill or have symptoms of a disease, you should see your doctor.
Result: "Human blood detected".
What do these results mean?
- The test detected human blood in your stool sample which is an indicator of increased risk. However, there are many gastrointestinal conditions that may cause blood in your stool.
What do I do next?
- We recommend making an appointment with your doctor or specialist, who can assist you with more testing and an evaluation. This additional testing may include diagnostic tests that could help understand the cause of blood in your stool. While blood detection in your sample does indicate an elevated risk, it does not mean that you have colorectal cancer. There are many gastrointestinal conditions which may cause this. However, it's best to schedule an appointment. Screening every 12-24 months is recommended.
A tiny sample of toilet water while faeces are still in the toilet.
Lab Processing Time
10 working days