Sun | SPF30
We've curated every product on our site. You can shop with peace of mind knowing that all the products in our I DO | Environment shop are free from known DNA mutators, xenoestrogens, endocrine disruptors and carcinogens.
Most sunscreens contain a variety of chemicals that cause long-term damage. Africology's sunscreen is all natural and contains no chemical sun filters, artificial colouring or fragrances.
- Lackokine Fluid PF: minimises reactions caused by skin irritation, thereby shortening the inflammation period and accelerating recovery of the skin. As a consequence of this powerful anti-inflammatory activity, Lactokine Fluid PF efficiently protects the skin
- Phytosan: a soybean-derived cosmetic active which contains proteins, glycoproteins and polysaccharides. It is designed to counteract biological and UV-induced premature ageing of the skin and regenerates stressed skin
- Proudly South African
- All natural ingredients
- Free from chemical preservatives and ingredients linked to DNA mutations, endocrine disruption and cancer
"Two-thirds of the sunscreens analysed by the Environmental Working Group (EWG) contained potentially harmful ingredients! The most toxic sunscreens typically contained the hormone-disrupting chemical oxybenzone, synthetic fragrance and retinyl palmitate which all pose as cancer concerns. Two European studies have detected sunscreen chemicals in mothers’ milk, indicating that the developing fetus and newborns may be exposed to these substances (Schlumpf 2008, Schlumpf 2010). A 2010 study by Margaret Schlumpf of the University of Zurich found at least one sunscreen chemical in 85 percent of milk samples. Laboratory studies of several sunscreen chemicals indicate that they may mimic hormones and disrupt the hormone system (Krause 2012, Schlumpf 2001, 2004, 2008). Another sunscreen chemical, 4-methylbenzidyl camphor, used in Europe and under a petition for use in the U.S. is a hormone disruptor. It is important to remember to use sunscreen only after our skin has done with the production of our daily vitamin D. At the time of our diagnoses’, our Vitamin D levels were well below the norm – they were sitting at around 20! Vitamin D is a fat-soluble hormone essential for growing and maintaining strong, healthy bones and supporting a strong immune system that helps protect against cancer. The body forms vitamin D precursors on the skin the presence of sunlight. The kidneys convert these substances into the active form of vitamin D, which the bloodstream carries throughout the body (Adams 2010). Immune system cells produce vitamin D to help the body defend itself against disease. EWG’s safer sunscreens tended to use zinc- and titanium-based mineral ingredients, which block the sun’s rays without penetrating your skin".
Pair with these tests
To find out 'why' you should use non-toxic sun products, order these tests online to determine your genetic variations for the main detox genes and/or the levels of toxicity in your body:
- DNA | Health + Estrogen Test
- TOXICITY | BPA + Parabens + Phthalates
- HORMONES | Hormones + Metabolites Test | BIG
- TOXICITY | Heavy Metals | Neuro + Xenoestrogens | BIG
All skin types.
Store in a cool, dry and dark place.