Shampoo | Balancing
R 76.96 R 109.95
We've curated every product on our site. You can shop with peace of mind knowing that all the products in our I DO | Environment shop are free from known DNA mutators, xenoestrogens, endocrine disruptors and carcinogens.
This ultra-mild SLS free shampoo cleanses and balances, giving you hair that looks clean and fresh all day. Gentle surfactants minimise stripping while organic argan assists the hair in becoming stronger, silkier and infused with a natural gloss. Organic aloe vera balances and soothes to ensure suitability for daily use.
- Includes inulin, a prebiotic, to create a healthy micro-climate for beneficial bacteria
- pH balanced to avoid stressing the skin
- Gentle surfactants to ensure natural skin oils and beneficial microbes are not stripped and skin is not compromised
- Baobab fruit extract and Vitamin E, both strong antioxidants, fight free radical damage from pollution, the sun and the environment
- Natural plant oils such as jojoba, coconut, argan and sunflower oil deliver essential fatty acids to hydrate and nourish
- Inulin provides moisturising properties
- Aloe vera acts as a natural anti-inflammatory to soothe irritation and calm the skin
- Free from chemical ingredients and preservatives that cause DNA mutations, endocrine disruptors and cancer
- No silicones
- No sulphates
- No parabens or colourants
- Proudly South Africa
"This shampoo does not contain SLS, 1,4 dioxane, ethanolamines, formaldehyde type preservatives, parabens or PEG compounds. We should be mindful of the impact that these chemicals have on our endocrine system and try to avoid buying products that include them. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate/Sodium Laureth Sulfate are derived from coconut oil, but they’re two different ingredients. The Laureth goes through an ethoxylation process, that results in a byproduct called 1,4 dioxane—it’s not listed on the label, but that is the cancer-causing aspect of the ingredient. So, avoid any ingredients ending in ‘eth.’in your choice of shampoo. So what should you look for instead? Anything with the words “glucose” or “glucoside” in them—for example, sodium lauryl glucose or lauryl glucose. Glycol is a common ingredient in hair and personal care products, but there are different types. The most common are polyethylene glycol, often listed as PEG. These, again, are ethoxylated and are cancer-causing chemicals. Remember that we have many more hair follicles and sweat glands on our scalps than anywhere else on our body! If we think about it, the majority of our beauty products and cosmetics are concentrated to the area where we have the most open pores per cm2 – our head and face! Based on this, we really should start to think about the toxins in the products we apply to this area".
Pair with these tests
To find out 'why' you should use non-toxic hair products, order these tests online to determine your genetic variations for the main detox genes and/or the levels of toxicity in your body:
- DNA | Health + Estrogen Test
- TOXICITY | BPA + Parabens + Phthalates
- HORMONES | Hormones + Metabolites Test | BIG
- TOXICITY | Heavy Metals | Neuro + Xenoestrogens | BIG
All hair types | Ideal for untreated hair
Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Decyl Glucoside, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract*, Inulin, Adansonia Digitata (Baobab) Fruit Extract*, Citric Acid, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Nut Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Pelargonium Graveolens (Rose Geranium) Oil*, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Oil*, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Geraniol**, Citronellol**, Linalool**
*ingredients from organic farming
**component of natural essential oils
99.5% of the total ingredients are from Natural Origin 10% of the total ingredients are from Organic Farming.
Keep tightly closed in a cool, dry place.