Cleanser | Refining
We've curated every product on our site. You can shop with peace of mind knowing that all the products in our I DO | Environment shop are free from known DNA mutators, xenoestrogens, endocrine disruptors and carcinogens.
Esse Refining Cleanser is a lightly foaming clay wash that exfoliates while detoxifying. Bentonite clay particles act as superfine exfoliating granules while drawing toxins. Kalahari melon oil adds essential omega-6 fatty acids to help maintain the skin’s lipid balance.
- Microbiome - there is a complex ecosystem of microbes that live on the surface of the skin. The way in which skin is cleansed is one of the most important aspects in ensuring a healthy microbial environment exists. We have used ultra-mild surfactants that do not strip the natural lipid barrier of the skin. Harsh cleansing opens up the skin to the opportunistic, non-beneficial microbes that accelerate ageing.
- Active Treatment -this is a deep-cleansing face wash that delivers a luxuriously rich lathered foam. Effectively removes oil build up for oily and younger skins. Bentonite clay has fine particles which help to gently exfoliate while cleansing. It also demonstrates detox properties.
- Certified Organic - Ecocert
- Cruelty-Free (BWC, PETA)
- Recyclable PET packaging
- Community sourced ingredients:
- Commiphora wildii which is wild harvested in Namibia
"You know that squeaky clean feeling you get after washing your face? That's due to sodium lauryl sulphate, a common ingredient added to face wash to make it foam. SLS originates from coconuts, however, during the manufacturing process, SLES/SLS becomes contaminated with 1,4 dioxane, a carcinogenic byproduct. SLS breaks down the skin's moisture barrier, easily penetrates the skin, and allows other chemicals to penetrate by increasing skin permeability by approximately 100-fold. Parabens are preservatives often added to face washes to prevent the growth of bacteria. Parabens have hormone-disrupting qualities, mimicking estrogen, and interfere with the body's endocrine system. These chemicals are absorbed through the skin and have been identified in biopsy samples from breast tumours. Formaldehyde and formaldehyde-releasing preservatives (FRP's) preservatives are used in many cosmetic products to help prevent bacteria growth and increase the product’s shelf life. This chemical was deemed as a human carcinogen by The International Agency for Research on Carcinogens (IARC). None of these ingredients is beneficial to our skin, in fact, they are really bad for us! This cleanser may not foam like traditional cleansers but all the ingredients are natural and non-toxic while still cleaning our skin".
Pair with these tests
To find out 'why' you should use non-toxic face products, order these tests online to determine your genetic variations for the main detox genes and/or the levels of toxicity in your body:
- DNA | Health + Estrogen Test
- TOXICITY | BPA + Parabens + Phthalates
- HORMONES | Hormones + Metabolites Test | BIG
- TOXICITY | Heavy Metals | Neuro + Xenoestrogens | BIG
Use | Tips
- Use daily and follow with toner and moisturiser
- Ideally suited to detox and refine all skin types
- Perfect for travel, it can also be used after physical activity for a deep clean or as a no-fuss cleanse for men
Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract*, Decyl Glucoside, Bentonite, Glycerin**, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Titanium Dioxide, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil*, Citrullus Lanatus (Kalahari Melon) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Cymbopogon Martini (Palmarosa) Oil*, Commiphora Wildii (Namibian Myrrh) Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Petitgrain) Leaf/Twig Oil*, Limonene***, Linalool***
the ingredients from organic farming
**made using organic ingredients
***component of natural essential oils
99% of the total ingredients are of natural origin
47% of the total ingredients are from Organic Farming
Store tightly closed in a cool, dry, dark place.