Moisturiser | Light
We've curated every product on our site. You can shop with peace of mind knowing that all the products in our I DO | Environment shop are free from known DNA mutators, xenoestrogens, endocrine disruptors and carcinogens.
Esse Light Moisturiser contains antioxidants that protect against environmental damage and allow a young skin to maintain a healthy state.
- Microbiome -this product contains prebiotics to feed beneficial microbes at the expense of pathogens. A probiotic extract is added to shift microbial populations in your favour. It is also balanced at pH 4,5 to favour the growth of synergistic species.
- Active treatment -this lightweight moisturiser reduces excess shine by delivering ingredients which match the natural fatty acid profile of sebum. Skin is left matt, yet hydrated. It is formulated to balance the skin’s immune system, to reduce inflammation, and to fight sun damage and the early signs of ageing.
- Free from chemical ingredients and preservatives that can cause DNA damage, endocrine disruption and cancer
- Certified Organic - Ecocert
- Cruelty-Free (BWC, PETA)
- Recyclable glass packaging Community sourced ingredients:
- Marula from Eudafano Women’s Cooperative
- Fair Trade rooibos from Heiveld Women’s Cooperative
- Yangu and manketti from sustainable community projects in Zambia
- Angola Fair trade kigelia is sourced from a community in the Zambezi valley
"A great option for teenagers or those with very oily skins. A good moisturiser that doesn’t contain “nasties” such as benzalkoium chloride, BHA, BHT, EDTA, oxybenzone and PEG compounds. More than 1 in 3 Americans will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetimes (ref: The Halifax Project). Along with genetics, diet and lifestyle, exposures to toxic chemicals clearly contribute to this problem. There is growing evidence that we may be overlooking crucial aspects of how combinations of chemicals may cause cancer. The researchers of the Halifax Project propose that combinations of these chemicals could cause cancer by disrupting multiple pathways and overwhelming the body’s defences. Many of these toxins enter our body and face via our skin. On average we have 3062 sweat glands on our face alone! Most of us apply a face cream morning and night, every day, 365 days, year on year! Chemical ingredients often found in face creams include alkyloamides (MEA, DEA, TEA, MIPA and PEG’s), these are added as thickening agents, emollients and emulsifiers. Oxybenzone in face creams is bad for us as they have been shown to behave similarly to the hormone estrogen. We find it ironic that the toxins in anti-ageing face creams can actually cause ageing and DNA damage! This face cream gives us a better option for our bathroom shelf!".
Pair with these tests
To find out 'why' you should be using non-toxic face products, order these tests online to determine your genetic variations for the main detox genes and/or the levels of toxicity in your body:
- DNA | Health + Estrogen Test
- TOXICITY | BPA + Parabens + Phthalates
- HORMONES | Hormones + Metabolites Test | BIG
- TOXICITY | Heavy Metals | Neuro + Xenoestrogens | BIG
Young skin | Oily skin | Humid weather conditions
Use | Tips
Apply each morning and evening after cleansing and toning, to face, neck, and décolleté. For additional hydration, use in combination with Esse Repair Oil. Use of the Esse Omega Moisturiser at night will also enhance nourishment and repair.
Store in a cool, dry and dark place.