Mascara | Volume
We've curated every product on our site. You can shop with peace of mind knowing that all the products in our I DO | Environment shop are free from known DNA mutators, xenoestrogens, endocrine disruptors and carcinogens.
A natural, nurturing mascara that adds maximum volume to lashes and emphasises eyes. Smudge-resistant formula thickens and plumps lashes dramatically. Gentle composition nurtures the delicate eye area.
- Beeswax, rose and candelilla waxes combined with silk powder plump and protect lashes
- Jojoba and candelilla waxes provide firmer, fuller lash volume
- Neem leaf extract fortifies
- Cane sugar and gum Arabic provide natural plumping
- Antioxidant-rich eyebright and black tea extracts soothe the sensitive eye area.
- Free from chemical ingredients and preservatives that cause DNA mutations, endocrine disruption and cancer
- 100% organic and/or natural skin care products, certified to NATRUE standards
- Free from synthetic fragrances and preservatives
- Free from mineral oil, parabens, silicones and PEGs
- Dermatologically tested for sensitive skin
- Never tested on animals
- A Fairtrade product
"Many of us love having thick, long eyelashes in order to achieve a classic and dramatic look. In fact, we love it so much that 1 billion units are sold globally every year! However, the toxic ingredients found in this beauty product can be absorbed into the body and potentially have a negative impact on our health. Parabens are commonly used as a preservative in mascara to prevent bacteria from growing. Parabens have been linked to mimic or disrupt estrogen in the body, also known as an endocrine disruptor, says the Breast Cancer Fund. High concentrations of parabens have been found in human breast tumours by Dr Philippa Darbre, a research scientist at the University of Reading in the UK. In a study that mimics Dr Darbre’s original 2004 study, Darbre and her research team found one or more types of parabens in 99% of the tissue samples, and all five were measurable in 60% of the samples. Parabens found in foods, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics are getting into the breast at high rates. Many conventional mascaras contain aluminium powder. This metallic substance is used as a cosmetic colourant and is a neurotoxin, rated as a high concern by the Environmental Working Group’s (EWG’s) Skin Deep Cosmetics Database. This neurotoxin is considered to be far worse than mercury because it has been linked to interfering with a variety of cellular and metabolic processes in the nervous system and other tissues, says a study published in the Journal of Pediatrics. If there is long-term exposure of aluminium powder, it can impair the body’s ability to excrete mercury and as a result that can make whatever amount of mercury that is in your system more toxic. Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A Acetate) is a mascara ingredient is ranked as a high concern by the EWG because it can cause biochemical or cellular level changes. Retinyl acetate can produce excess reactive oxygen species that interfere with cellular signalling and can even cause mutations in your genes. To have fuller, longer looking lashes without exposing your skin to commercial mascara’s harmful chemicals, natural mascara provides a safe and healthy alternative for your skin".
Pair with these tests
To find out 'why' you should be using non-toxic makeup, order these tests online to determine your genetic variations for the main detox genes and/or the levels of toxicity in your body:
- DNA | Health + Estrogen Test
- TOXICITY | BPA + Parabens + Phthalates
- HORMONES | Hormones + Metabolites Test | BIG
- TOXICITY | Heavy Metals | Neuro + Xenoestrogens | BIG
Use | Tips
- Apply to roots of lashes and stroke outward to tips
- Let dry and repeat for maximum volume
- Use short strokes with bottom lashes
- For upper lashes, use a zigzag motion
Water (Aqua), Pyrus Cydonia Seed Extract, Alcohol, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Sorbitol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Acacia Senegal Gum, Cetearyl Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Lysolecithin, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Silk (Serica) Powder, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hectorite, Rosa Damascena Flower Wax, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Linalool*, Silica, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007)
*component of natural essential oils.
Store in a cool, dry and dark place due to the natural preservatives used.