Kit | Stressed & Wired
We've curated every product in our I DO | Nutrition shop based on their nutrigenomic properties and leading manufacturing standards. Nutrigenomics is the study of food and nutrients as one of the most important environmental modifiers of gene expression. A personalised protocol based on your unique DNA, biochemistry and symptoms can help you create optimal wellness and prevent many chronic lifestyle-related diseases. This is called 'personalised scientific wellness'.
Our Stressed & Wired Kit is based on guidelines by experts for times when you feel 'stressed and wired'.
Subjecting our nervous systems to constant stimulation from sounds, sights, lights, information from our 24/7 hyper-connectivity, we can be stressed and wired without realizing it – with a heightened, jangly state feeling like our ‘normal’.
Ultimately this is exhausting and if it’s not addressed with lifestyle measures, a 'wired suit' can quickly turn to a 'tired' one (described below) and symptoms can take longer to recover from
Symptoms and signs:
- Being on ‘constant alert’
- Quick reactions to stressful situations
- Little relaxation time or an inability to relax
- Feeling the need to constantly ‘do’ long-term life demands and/or emotional stressors
- Feeling less ‘able to cope’ mood swings, irritability, thin on patience
- Light, sound or crowd-sensitive
Signs & symptoms
Give each answer a score of 0-3
0 = Never true
1= Seldom true
2= Sometimes true
3= Often true
- Get wound up when I get tired and have trouble calming down
- Feel driven, appear energetic but feel “burned out” and exhausted
- Feel restless, agitated, anxious, and uneasy
- Feel easily overwhelmed by emotion
- Feel emotional: cry easily or laugh inappropriately
- Experience heart palpitations or a pounding in my chest
- Am short of breath
- Am constipated
- Feel warm, over-heated, and dry all over
- Get mouth sores or sore tongue
- Get hot flashes
- Sleepless than seven hours a night
- Have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep
- Worry about high blood pressure, cholesterol and triglycerides
- Forget to eat and feel little hunger
- Score 11-20: Mild to Moderate: Serenagen®, Magnesium
- Score 21-45: Chronic: Serenagen®, Magnesium, Theanine, DHA
- 3 Response to Questions A12, A13, or B7: Sleepless, < 7 hours sleep: Melatonin, Passion Flower, Casein Tryptic Hydrolysate,.
1. Let go a bit
If you are used to ignoring your body’s signals of tiredness and stress, it’s time to start listening to your body’s need for continual rest and recovery.
Take breaks, sleep more, slow down, start the day mindfully and step away from the need to ‘do’ as much as possible.
2. Walk outside
This naturally moves stresses through your body without adding to its load. Moving as we were designed to do helps us relax shoulders and reset breath patterns that stress can make shallow and tense; especially if we walk in greenery.
3. Take magnesium (or eat foods rich in it)
Our ability to calm and regulate mood relies on the mineral magnesium and stress uses it up fast.
Deficiencies can show as anxiety, insomnia, headaches, muscle cramps, depression, fatigue, panic attacks, IBS and blood-sugar issues.
The best food sources are green, leafy vegetables, nuts, seeds, fish, carrots, sweet potato, avocado, cauliflower, tahini, parsley, traditionally prepared soy, lentils.
You can also supplement 300mg of magnesium with dinner.
Prolonged stress leads to a slow upregulation in the biological stress response which, if not addressed, leads to eventual exhaustion of system reserves. Acting to limit the physiological and metabolic consequences of stress helps to keep systems in balance and prevent the accumulating consequences of stress.
What does this kit contain?
- 1 x Serenagen | 60 Tablets
- 1 x Trancor | 60 Capsules
- 1 x Mag glycinate | 60 Tablets
Traditional Chinese Heart Calming Formula
Serenagen is a classic herbal stress management formula used in traditional Chinese medicine to nourish and quiet the heart.*
Benefits | Features
- Ideal for those who are “stressed and wired”*
- Designed for people who have feelings of anxiety and have difficulty resting due to stress*
- Formulated for people who may have feelings of being overheated and flushed when stressed*
- Features traditionally used herbs to address organs and systems involved in the stress response*
60 or 120 Tablets
Serving Size: 2 Tablets
Servings per container: 30 or 60
Amount per 2 tablets:
|A 4:1 Proprietary Herbal Extract Blend of:||1000 mg||*|
|Rehmannia Root (Rehmannia glutinosa)|
|Schisandra Fruit (Schisandra chinensis)|
|Jujube Fruit (Ziziphus spinosa)|
|Dong Quai Root (Angelica sinensis)|
|Chinese Asparagus Root (Asparagus cochinchinensis)|
|Ophiopogon Root (Ophiopogon japonicus)|
|Scrophularia Root (Scrophularia ningpoensis)|
|Asian Ginseng Root (Panax ginseng)|
|Chinese Salvia Root (Salvia miltiorrhiza)|
|Poria Fungus (Wolfiporia cocos)|
|Polygala Root (Polygala tenuifolia)|
|Platycodon Root (Platycodon grandiflorum)|
Microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, cellulose, stearic acid (vegetable), silica, magnesium stearate (vegetable), and coating (water, hypromellose, medium chain triglycerides and hydroxypropylcellulose)
Take two tablets daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- Do not use if pregnant or nursing
Glutamate & GABA Balance for Relaxation
Trancor is designed to act centrally within the brain to support a sense of tranquillity in those who may feel worried or nervous.*
Benefits | Features
- Research suggests that the amino acids N-Acetylcysteine (NAC) and taurine may be able to cross the blood-brain barrier, a property critical to neuroprotection*
- Taurine, epigallocatechin gallate from green tea leaf extract, and vitamin B6 may enhance the metabolism of GABA, a relaxing, inhibitory neurotransmitter*
- Vitamin B6 is a cofactor in the synthesis of GABA from glutamate*
- Magnesium promotes relaxation*
- EGCG, taurine, and NAC may help protect nerve cells and their mitochondria from harmful excitotoxic effects and other pro-oxidant influences*
- NAC may help protect neurons and their mitochondria from oxidative stress as a precursor to glutathione, one of the body’s more powerful endogenously produced compounds*
- EGCG acts as a free radical oxygen and nitrogen species (RONS) scavenger*
60 or 120 Capsules
Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Servings per container: 30 or 60
Amount per 2 capsules:
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl)||12.5 mg||625%|
|Magnesium (as magnesium malate)||100 mg||25%|
|Decaffeinated†† Green Tea (Camellia sinensis) Leaf Extract [standardized to 60% (90 mg) catechins and 40% (60 mg) epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG)]||150 mg||*|
- Capsules are composed of plant-derived ingredients
- Contains no more than 4% caffeine
Capsule (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose), microcrystalline cellulose, silica and magnesium stearate (vegetable)
Take two capsules twice daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
- If you have congestive heart failure, kidney disease, or are taking medicationincluding anticoagulantsconsult your healthcare practitioner before use.
- Maintain adequate fluid intake while taking this product.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
Highly Absorbable Magnesium
Mag Glycinate is designed to enhance absorption and intestinal tolerance of magnesium.*
Benefits | Features
- Supports muscle relaxation and nervous system health*
- May help to prevent nocturnal leg muscle cramps*
- Unlike other formulations, magnesium bis-glycinate is absorbed via a mechanism similar to that used by amino acids; it is not dependent on stomach acid for absorption*
Ingredients60 or 120 Tablets Serving Size: 2 Tablets Servings per container: 30 or 60 Amount per 2 tablets:
|Magnesium (as magnesium bis-glycinate)||100 mg||25%|
Microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, cellulose, stearic acid (vegetable), silica, and magnesium stearate (vegetable)
Take one tablet three times daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- Packaged in recyclable material
Cautions | Warnings | Interactions
Consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Do not exceed recommended dosages unless on the advice of a healthcare provider. If you are on medication, taking nutritional supplements, suffering from any medical condition, pregnant, or breastfeeding, it is advisable to seek medical advice before starting any new food, supplement or remedy. Do not use this product if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. Keep out of the reach of children.
Store tightly closed in a cool, dry, dark place.