We've curated every product in our I DO | Nutrition shop based on their nutrigenomic properties and leading manufacturing standards. Nutrigenomics is the study of food and nutrients as one of the most important environmental modifiers of gene expression. A personalised protocol based on your unique DNA, biochemistry and symptoms can help you create optimal wellness and prevent many chronic lifestyle-related diseases. This is called 'personalised scientific wellness'.
Inflammation, Pain and Healing Joint Formula
This bioactive formula supplies nutrients important in maintaining healthy cartilage and joint health. IPH contains glucosamine which is naturally produced in humans as a substrate in the production of cartilage.
Benefits | Features
- Cat’s claw herb and boswellia help prevent the formation of excessive inflammatory molecules
- Beta-sitosterol also helps reduce the immune-suppressing effect of excessive cortisol, produced by the body during times of inflammation
- Contains a cat’s claw herb extract free of TOAs (tetracyclic oxindole alkaloids), unlike other cat’s claw extracts. Cat’s claw MUST be free of TOA to be effective
- Packaged in recyclable material
Pair with these tests
To check if you should include this product in your daily supplement protocol, you can order the following DNA and/or biochemistry tests online:
- IPH supplies nutrients important in maintaining healthy cartilage and joint health.
- IPH contains glucosamine which is naturally produced in humans as a substrate in the production of cartilage.
- Cat’s claw herb and Boswellia help prevent the formation of excessive inflammatory molecules.
- Beta-sitosterol also helps reduce the immune-suppressing effect of excessive cortisol, produced by the body during times of inflammation.
Each capsule contains the following as active ingredients:
|Glucosamine hydrochloride (VegeCosamine™)||375mg|
|Vitamin B6 (pyridoxal-5-phosphate)||7.5mg|
|Cat’s claw extract||50mg|
Hypromellose (cellulose) vegetarian capsule shell (gelatin-free), microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate (vegetarian – flow agent), magnesium silicate, silicon dioxide and colloidal silicon dioxide
- Glucosamine is an amino-monosaccharide naturally produced in humans. It is one of the principal substrates used in the biosynthesis of macromolecules that comprise articular cartilage, such as glycosaminoglycans, proteoglycans, and hyaluronic acid. It is believed to play a role in cartilage formation and repair.
- Boswellia extract is believed to alleviate the inflammation associated with joint pain by inhibiting 5-lipoxygenase and leukotriene synthesis and inhibiting leukocyte elastase, which are the likely mechanisms for its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Beta-sitosterol is believed to exert immune-modulating effects by targeting TH1 and TH2 cells, helping normalise their function.
- Cat’s claw is thought to work for joint pain due to its anti-inflammatory effects. It seems to inhibit the production of prostaglandin E2 and tumour necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha).
- Decreased vitamin B6 concentrations are associated with increased plasma levels of C-reactive protein (CRP), an indicator of inflammation.
Dosage | Directions
- Adults: Take 2 capsules 3 times daily for 2-4 weeks, thereafter dropping to a maintenance dose of 2 capsules twice daily.
- May take 60 days before benefits are seen.
Take with or shortly after meals.
Cautions | Warnings | Interactions
Consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Do not exceed recommended dosages unless on the advice of a healthcare provider. If you are on medication, taking nutritional supplements, suffering from any medical condition, pregnant, or breastfeeding, it is advisable to seek medical advice before starting any new food, supplement or remedy. Do not use this product if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. Keep out of the reach of children. This medicine has not been evaluated by the Medicines Control Council. This medicine is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Surgery: It is advisable for individuals to discontinue this product 2 weeks before any elective surgery due to its anticoagulant effects
- May cause drowsiness, somnolence or insomnia
- Use cautiously if driving or operating heavy machinery
- Side effects may include nausea, vomiting, heartburn, diarrhoea, headache, dizziness, loss of appetite and stomach cramps
- There are no known contraindications
- Warfarin: Glucosamine might increase the anticoagulant effects of warfarin and increase the risk of bruising and bleeding.
- Antimitotic chemotherapy: Theoretically, glucosamine might induce resistance to etoposide and doxorubicin by reducing the medicines inhibition of topoisomerase II, an enzyme required for DNA replication in tumour cells.
- Blood glucose: Glucosamine might increase blood glucose levels and should thus be used with caution in diabetics.
- Amiodarone: Vitamin B6 may exacerbate amiodarone-induced photosensitivity.
- Antihypertensives: Since Cat’s claw may lower blood pressure, caution should be exercised with antihypertensives.
- Immunosuppressants: Theoretically Cat’s claw may interfere with immunosuppressant therapy due to its immunostimulating activity.
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding
- Reports in the Indian literature suggest that Boswellia is an emmenagogue and may induce abortion.
- Safety in pregnancy and breastfeeding has not been systematically studied, do not use.
Store in a cool dry place below 25°C. Keep out of the reach of children.