SOLALNappi Code: 704935001
We've curated every product in our I DO | Nutrition shop based on their nutrigenomic properties and leading manufacturing standards. Nutrigenomics is the study of food and nutrients as one of the most important environmental modifiers of gene expression. A personalised protocol based on your unique DNA, biochemistry and symptoms can help you create optimal wellness and prevent many chronic lifestyle-related diseases. This is called 'personalised scientific wellness'.
A blend of three safe, non-addictive and effective herbal extracts (Valerian, Passion Flower and Corydalis) to hasten the onset of sleep, assist with insomnia and improve quality of sleep.
Benefits | Features
- Valerian is a root extract that induces sleep and improves quality of sleep. It also reduces the breakdown of the brain’s natural sleep-inducing neurotransmitter, GABA.
- Corydalis is a herb that promotes calm and relieves anxiety.
- Passion flower calms the central nervous system.
The pharmacological effects of valerian have primarily been attributed to valepotriades. The sesquiterpenes, valerenic acid and kessel glycol, have been shown to cause sedation in animals. Valerenic acid and other constituents of valerian are gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) agonists. Valerian constituents may inhibit the enzyme system responsible for the central catabolism of GABA, increasing GABA concentrations and decreasing central nervous system (CNS) activity. Valerian may also bind directly to GABA-A receptors and stimulate the release and reuptake of GABA. Valerian might also affect sleep regulation with activity on adenosine and 5-hydroxytryptamine-1. A naturally occuring alkaloid, dl-Tetrahydropalmatine (dl-THP), present in Corydalis, has been intensively studied for its sedative and hypnotic effects. It is believed the mechanism and target of action involves the dopaminergic neurotransmission system. Some evidence suggests that the passionflower constituent apigenin binds to central benzodiazepine receptors, possibly causing anti-anxiolytic effects without impairing memory or motor skills.
- Packaged in recyclable material
Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Servings per container: 30
Each dose (2 capsules) contains the following as active ingredients:
|Valerian 5:1 extract||350mg|
|Corydalis 10:1 extract||400mg|
|Passion flower 10:1 extract||200mg|
Hypromellose (cellulose) vegetarian capsule shell (gelatine free), micro-crystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate (vegetarian – flow agent), magnesium silicate, silicon dioxide and colloidal silicon dioxide. Contains plant extracts and natural fillers, with no colourants added – therefore the colour of the capsule contents may vary slightly from batch to batch.
- Adults and children over 12 years of age: Take 2 capsules approximately one hour before bedtime.
- Can be taken with a meal or on an empty stomach.
- Not intended for use in children under 12 years of age.
- The dosage can be increased up to a maximum of 4 capsules, but only under the supervision of a healthcare provider.
Cautions | Warnings | Interactions
Consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Do not exceed recommended dosages unless on the advice of a healthcare provider. If you are on medication, taking nutritional supplements, suffering from any medical condition, pregnant, or breastfeeding, it is advisable to seek medical advice before starting any new food, supplement or remedy. Do not use this product if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. Keep out of the reach of children.
Safety in children has not been established.
Side effects may include dizziness, confusion, sedation, headache and ataxia.
Do not use Herbal Sleep™ if you have a history of kidney or liver disease.
- CNS Depressants: Concomitant use with sedatives might increase the risk of excessive sedation and drowsiness. Some CNS depressants are benzodiazepines, pentobarbital, phenobarbital, secobarbital, thiopental, fentanyl, morphine, propofol and others.
- Do not drive or operate machinery for 8 hours after taking Herbal Sleep™
- Alcohol can compound the drowsiness caused by Herbal Sleep™ and should be used with caution
- Surgery: The sedative effect of Herbal Sleep™ might cause additive CNS depression when combined with anaesthesia during surgical procedures
- Discontinue Herbal Sleep™ at least 2 weeks before elective surgical procedures
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding
Not to be taken while pregnant or breastfeeding.
Store tightly closed in a cool, dry, dark place.