Treatment | Hair Strengthening
We've curated every product on our site. You can shop with peace of mind knowing that all the products in our I DO | Environment shop are free from known DNA mutators, xenoestrogens, endocrine disruptors and carcinogens.
Strengthening Hair Treatment revitalises and restores dry, damaged, permed or color-treated hair to a soft, silky state.
- Extracts of neem leaf and chamomile fortify, soften and renew damaged, brittle hair, while soothing and balancing the scalp
- Rosemary essential oil enlivens and supports hair follicles
- This intensive hair treatment strengthens hair follicles while soothing the scalp
- Hair becomes healthy, shiny and more manageable
- Free from chemical ingredients and preservatives that cause DNA mutations, endocrine disruption and cancer
- Protect your DNA
- 100% organic and/or natural skin care products, certified to NATRUE standards
- Free from synthetic fragrances, dyes and preservatives
- Free from mineral oil, parabens, silicones and PEGs
- Dermatologically tested for sensitive skin
- Never tested on animals
- A Fairtrade product
"Conventional hair treatment oils often contain silicone polymers. Cyclopentasiloxane and cyclomethicone are volatile silicone solvents (they evaporate) and dimethicone was one of the first silicone lubricants used in cosmetics. Dimethicones and silicones are occlusive, meaning they don’t allow something to breathe—they seal in moisture and seal out everything else. We should avoid dimethicones and silicones when possible because the scalp needs to breathe - we have many more hair follicles and sweat glands on our scalps than anywhere else on our body! So what should we use instead? Look for natural oils like jojoba, argan, rosehip, sweet almond, olive oil or shea butter. Also, we should be careful of 'perfumes' that give many products their intoxicating smell and are commonly used in hair treatment oils. But 'parfums' and 'fragrances' are typically nothing more than a mix of chemicals. The fragrance industry is allowed to regulate itself and has no outside agency to test for safety. Many times, labels reading 'fragrance' actually contain phthalates, parabens and other chemicals linked to endocrine disruption. We should rather use naturally fragranced oils".
Pair with these tests
To check if you should use non-toxic hair products, you can order the following DNA and/or biochemistry tests online:
- DNA | Health
- DNA | Insulin Panel
- DNA | Inflammation + Oxidative Stress Panel
- HORMONES | CardioMetabolic Test
- NUTRITION | Organics Acids - BIG
All hair conditions | Dry hair | Colour treated hair
Use | Tips
- Apply as needed to damp hair before cleansing then massage through hair and into scalp with fingertips
- Cover hair with a towel to keep warm and allow to penetrate hair for 20 minutes
- For coarse or dry hair, leave in for 30 minutes. Shampoo and rinse
- For dry or brittle hair, distribute a small amount of Neem Hair Oil to the hair tips and do not rinse
Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Oil, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Lecithin, Alcohol, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene*, Linalool*
*component of natural essential oils.
Store in a cool, dry and dark place.