NUTRITION | Food & Drink Scan
"JOINCIRCLES enables you to own your own medical data. After buying an advanced biochemistry test here, we’ll send your test kit out the next working day. When your kit arrives, do the test and call our courier to collect – follow the simple instructions in the kit. The lab will take around 21 working days to analyse your sample from the time they receive your sample. When your results are ready, I'll email them directly to you. To get the full value from your results, we highly recommend that you contact a healthcare practitioner from our ‘Practitioner Circle’ to take you through your results. This will help you understand how and where to focus your efforts. They may suggest additional relevant blood, blood spot and urine biochemistry tests that you can do going forward, to measure and track your risks and potentials. After your consult, you could book a wellness coaching appointment with Margie to get you started and keep you on track. Once you have your biochemistry results, you can start shopping for your personalised nutrition, environment and lifestyle choices on JOINCIRCLES.com. This is how you start on your journey towards optimal wellness! Please contact me if you need help choosing the right test and/or practitioner for your needs". Dr Heidi | firstname.lastname@example.org
Everyone is unique and we all have individual reactions to foods and drinks. An ingredient that causes problems for one person, might cause no reaction for another. YorkTest refers to this as your personal ‘food fingerprint’.
Understanding your own personal food and drink intolerances and the effects they have on your health, fitness and wellbeing is important. This ensures you make the best possible choices to balance your diet and optimise your health.
The comprehensive Food & Drink Scan Programme analyses your IgG reaction to a comprehensive list of foods and drinks, providing you with a clear and colour-coded report and nutritional support to help you replace your problem foods and optimise your diet.
Once you have your results, you will be provided with ongoing support from a dietitian South African network. They will guide you through your elimination diet step-by-step. Our consultants and dietitians are available to assist you and ensure that you feel confident to make the changes to your diet healthily and correctly.
- Acai Berry
- Ginseng (Korean)
- Ginseng (Siberian)
- Grape (Cabernet Sauvignon)
- Grape (Chardonnay)
- Grape (Chenin Blanc)
- Grape (Concord)
- Grape (Malbec)
- Grape (Merlot)
- Grape (Pinot Gris/Grigio)
- Grape (Pinot Noir)
- Grape (Red Zinfandel)
- Grape (White Zinfandel)
- Grape (Riesling)
- Grape (Sauvignon Blanc)
- Grape (Shiraz)
- Green Tea
- Rooibos (Redblush tea)
FISH & SHELLFISH
- Corn (Maize)
- Gluten (Gliadin)
HERBS & SPICES
- Anise Seed
- Chilli Pepper
- Mustard Seed
MEAT & POULTRY
NUTS & SEEDS
- Brazil Nut
- Cashew Nut
- Sesame Seed
- Sunflower Seed
VEGETABLES & PULSES
- Aubergine (eggplant)
- Brussels Sprouts
- Haricot Bean
- Kidney Bean
- Peppers (Capsicum)
- Soya Bean
- String Bean
OTHER FOODS & DRINKS
- Cocoa Bean
- Cola Nut
- Cow’s Milk
- Egg White
- Egg Yolk
- Sugar Cane
STANDARD SCAN + THESE INGREDIENTS:
- Agar Agar
- Aloe Vera
- Bay leaf
- Bean Sprouts
- Bok Choy (Pak Choi)
- Chia seed
- Curry Leaves
- Curry Powder
- Goat’s Milk
- Goji Berry
- Linseed (Flax)
- Lotus Root
- Rocket (Arugula)
- Sheep’s Milk
- Spelt (Dinkel Flour)
- Sweet Potato
- Water Chestnut
Benefits | Features
- A simple test that can be taken in the comfort of your own home
- No need to visit our laboratory at any stage
- The sample is stable for 28 days
- Delivery and return courier to the YorkTest laboratory in the UK included
- Expert testing and analysis by qualified laboratory technicians of IgG antibody reactions to foods and drink ingredients
- Lab testing to British ISo standards
- 98% reproducibility. This means that two separate results of the same person’s sample will correlate with each other 98% of the time. We conduct regular split samples on all the tests we offer
- Test processing monitored by Dr Gill Hart
- Colour-coded, easy to understand results within 14 days of lab receiving your sample
- Comprehensive guidebook
- 12-week food and drink diary
- Quality nutritional support following results with a registered dietitian
- Step-by-step personalised diet plan to eliminate your food intolerances formulated during your consult
- Ongoing support from the friendly support team at YorkTest
- Lifetime access to private Facebook group
- Food intolerance ID card to use when eating out
FAQ | Who would benefit from this test?
FAQ | Who isn’t eligible for testing?
Anyone with 1 or more of the following:
- A blood-borne disease such as Hepatitis or HIV
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Under the age of 2 years
FAQ | What this test does NOT provide info about
If you suspect that you may have coeliac disease, this is best tested for with a DNA test. Take a look at our DNA | Coeliac Test.
Enzyme deficiencies such as lactose and alcohol intolerance. If you suspect that you may have an enzymes deficiency due to variations on your genes that code for lactose and alcohol enzymes, this is best tested for with a DNA test. Our DNA | Health Test analyses these genes.
These are food allergies, not food intolerances.
Histamine sensitivity or other chemical sensitivities such as reactions to sulphites, tannins or tyramine.
FAQ | What is the testing process?
- Order the test online here
- We’ll send you a kit box within 5 working days
- Simply follow the step-by-step instructions in the enclosed leaflet
- Watch this video to see how to do the test
- Prick your finger for the small blood sample
- Call the courier to collect your sample
- YorkTest laboratory will send out your results within 14 working days after their lab receives your test sample
- Book 1 x 30-minute free call with a registered South African dietitian
FAQ | What’s included in the Food&DrinkScan kit?
2 x Sterile Lancets
Yellow lancets gently prick the skin through the click of a button
2 x Absorbent Wands & Containers
The mini wands absorb a small amount a blood
1 x Plaster
Seals the tiny pin-prick mark on your finger and keeps it clean
1 x Alcohol-free cleansing wipe sachet
Clears dirt and kills bacteria on the skin
1 x Customer Details Form
Simply sign the Customer Details Form
1 x Prepaid Envelope*
Post your sample back to us, fuss-free
FAQ | What support will I get with my test?
After doing the YorkTest's Food & Drink Scan, you'll receive the following support from YorkTest laboratories:
- Your results will be clearly summarised on a colour coded sheet
- If a food/drink appears in the green column, it means that you DO NOT have a reaction to that ingredient
- If a food/drink appears in the red column, this means that you DO have an IgG reaction to the ingredient
- If a food/drink appears in the yellow column, it means that you have a borderline IgG reaction to that ingredient
- Reactions need to be completely removed from your diet whereas borderline reactions need to be limited
- This handy book includes nutritional tips plus in-depth information on how to start optimising your diet in line with your results
12-WEEK FOOD & DRINKS PLANNER
- Your planner is designed to support your elimination diet with motivational tips and guidance
- It is recommended that you track your progress every day for a total of 12 weeks in this booklet
FREE DIETITIAN CONSULT
- Included in the price of this test is a 30-minute telephone consultation with a registered South African dietitian.
- The dietitian will ensure that you have all of the information you need in order to understand your trigger foods, as well as how to balance your diet with the suggested nutritional alternatives.
- At the end of your nutritional consultation, you'll be confident on what foods you need to eliminate from your diet and what to replace them with.
- The dietitian will work closely with you during your consultation to devise a personal diet plan for this purpose.
COMPLEX INTOLERANCES GUIDE BASED ON YOUR RESULTSYou may be faced with a large list of intolerances and YorkTest understands that it can be a daunting task to eliminate all of these from your diet. In these cases, they will offer additional resources, such as the 'Complex Intolerance Guide' to further complement the comprehensive support provided by the dietitian.
The YorkTest's knowledgeable and friendly team of customer care consultants are committed to supporting you through every step of your programme.
Whether you have a question about a specific intolerance or the reintroduction of foods, they're on hand to provide expert advice, tailored to you.
LIFETIME ACCESS TO OUR PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP
The YorkTest customer forum provides the perfect platform to share your experiences with other like-minded people who are carrying out an elimination diet.
You'll have the opportunity to compare notes on your dietary changes, plus offer each other valuable encouragement and useful tips, which can make a huge difference during your programme.
PERSONALISED FOOD INTOLERANCES ID CARD
- You'll receive a Food Intolerance ID Card, which summarises your own personal food and drink intolerances
- The card acts as a handy reminder of your trigger foods
- It is perfect for keeping in your purse or wallet
- You may also wish to show it to your waiter when dining out, to ensure your personal dietary requirements are understood and respected
FAQ | Do I need to visit my doctor or a lab to do the blood sample?
No, you can do the blood collection yourself, in the comfort of your own home.
FAQ | How do I do the test?
- Please watch this video to see how easy it is to do the test yourself at home
- Full instructions are provided in the kit but if you have any questions, please contact Dr Heidi (email@example.com)
FAQ | Is the test painful?
- No, the test is not painful to do - it's just a small finger prick with a small finger-prick device
- All the tests are designed with your comfort in mind
- The single-use home testing kits are much more comfortable than a full blood draw at a lab
FAQ | My doctor has done a food allergy test - why don't the results correspond with my results from the YorkTest intolerance test?
The YorkTest test measures the delayed food intolerance reactions in the form of food-specific IgG antibodies, not IgE antibodies. An intolerance is a build up over time. This can cause symptoms such as digestive, fatigue, headaches/migraines, skin issues, joint pains or psychological issues. These are not classed as life-threatening
Allergy tests measure reactions caused by raised IgE antibodies. An allergy is a reaction which will happen instantly and can be life-threatening, for example, anaphylactic shock. You do not have to ingest the allergy in order to have a reaction, this can be caused by coming into contact with the allergen.
FAQ | Will my medical aid cover the price of my test?
Please check this with your medical aid. Some health insurance providers might cover the cost from your medical savings account.
IgG antibody reactions to specified foods and drink ingredients.
Awaiting from YorkTest
Test sample report
Awaiting from YorkTest
Easy to do finger prick test
Test sample type
2-3 drops of blood
Your test sample will be stable for up to 28 days
Around 14 working days
YorkTest has been conducting health screening services for over 35 years.
YorkTest Lab certifications
- Take a look inside the YorkTest Laboratory
- YorkTest Laboratories is fully accredited to British ISO standards (ISO 9001 & ISO 13485) and meet the requirements of the European In Vitro Diagnostic Directive 98/79/EC
- YorkTest is also audited by a representative of the UK regulatory authority MHRA (The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency)
Lab processing monitored by Dr Gill Hart
- Laboratory processing services are overseen by Dr Gill Hart, YorkTest’s Scientific Director. As a biochemist with 30 years of experience in the development and validation of diagnostic tests and testing services, Gill has applied her scientific and regulatory knowledge to all YorkTest services. Gill is an expert in food intolerance and steers the company’s research & development.
- A fully trained and highly qualified YorkTest technician will test the IgG antibody reaction of your sample against a large variety of food and drink allergens.
- For over 20 years, the YorkTest lab team have successfully utilised the ELISA method in order to detect these reactions.
Definitions | Disclaimers
- BANT stands for the British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine
- YorkTest defines 'food intolerance' as a food-specific IgG reaction. Their information is intended to provide nutritional advice for dietary optimisation. YorkTest does not claim to treat or cure symptoms and recommend that you discuss any medical concerns you have with a GP before undertaking a YorkTest programme.