Day Cream| Melissa
We've curated every product on our site. You can shop with peace of mind knowing that all the products in our I DO | Environment shop are free from known DNA mutators, xenoestrogens, endocrine disruptors and carcinogens.
Melissa Day Cream effectively cares for combination skin. Oily areas are calmed, dry patches are hydrated, the appearance of redness is reduced, and shine is controlled for a balanced, radiant complexion.
- Extracts of melissa, daisy, anthyllis, witch hazel and carrot soothe, working to balance the skin’s natural oil and water content
- Tapioca starch provides an even, matte appearance
- Free from harmful chemical ingredients and preservatives that cause DNA damage, endocrine disruption and cancer
- Protects your DNA
- 100% organic and/or natural skin care products
- Free from synthetic fragrances, dyes and preservatives
- Free from mineral oil, parabens, silicones and PEGs
- Dermatologically tested for sensitive skin
- Never tested on animals
- Fairtrade product
"More than 1 in 3 Americans will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetimes (ref: The Halifax Project). In South Africa, we expect to see a 75% increase in cancer, bringing the annual diagnoses to 2.2 million people by 2030. Along with genetics, diet and lifestyle, exposures to toxic chemicals clearly contribute to this problem. There is growing evidence that we may be overlooking crucial aspects of how combinations of chemicals may cause cancer. The researchers of the Halifax Project propose that combinations of these chemicals could cause cancer by disrupting multiple pathways and overwhelming the body’s defences. Many of these toxins enter our body and face via our skin. On average we have 3062 sweat glands on our face alone! Most of us apply a face cream morning and night, every day, 365 days, year on year! Chemical ingredients often found in face creams include alkyloamides (MEA, DEA, TEA, MIPA and PEG’s), these are added as thickening agents, emollients and emulsifiers. Oxybenzone in face creams are bad for us and have been shown to behave similarly to the hormone estrogen. We find it ironic that the toxins in anti-ageing face creams can actually cause ageing and DNA damage. This face cream gives us a better option for our bathroom shelf!".
Pair with these tests
To find out 'why' you should use non-toxic face products, order these tests online to determine your genetic variations for the main detox genes and/or the levels of toxicity in your body:
- DNA | Health + Estrogen Test
- TOXICITY | BPA + Parabens + Phthalates
- HORMONES | Hormones + Metabolites Test | BIG
- TOXICITY | Heavy Metals | Neuro + Xenoestrogens | BIG
For combination skin
Use | Tips
- Ideal for daily use on combination skin
- Each morning after cleansing and toning, apply evenly to face, neck and décolleté with a gentle pressing motion
- In general, a pea-sized amount offers enough product
- For maximum benefit, apply while skin is still moist from toner
Water (Aqua), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Alcohol, Glycerin, Manihot Utilissima (Tapioca) Starch, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Melissa Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Bellis Perennis (Daisy) Flower Extract, Tropaeolum Majus Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Bark/Leaf Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Bran Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Citral*, Limonene*, Geraniol*, Citronellol*, Linalool*, Hectorite, Lysolecithin, Xanthan Gum, Coco-Glucoside, Zinc Oxide (CI 77947).
*component of natural essential oils.
Store in a cool, dry and dark place due to the natural preservatives.