DNA | Health + Estrogen + Diet + Skin
"JOINCIRCLES enables you to own your medical data. After buying a DNA test here, we’ll send out your DNA kit on the next working day. When your kit arrives, swab the inside of your cheek and call our courier to collect – follow the simple instructions in the kit. The lab will take around 14 working days to analyse your DNA, from the time they receive your DNA sample. When your results are ready, I'll email them directly to you. To get the full value from your results, we highly recommend that you contact a healthcare practitioner from our ‘Practitioner Circle’ to take you through your results. This will help you understand how and where to focus your efforts. They will also suggest the most relevant blood, blood spot and urine biochemistry tests that you can do going forward, to measure and track your risks and potentials based on your unique genetic variations. After your consult, you could book a wellness coaching appointment with Margie to get you started and keep you on track. Once you have your DNA, you can start shopping personalised nutrition, environment and lifestyle choices on JOINCIRCLES.com. This is how you start on your journey towards optimal wellness! Please contact me if you need help choosing the right test and/or practitioner for your needs". Dr Heidi | email@example.com
Your DNA holds a wealth of invaluable information about your health and can tell you everything from whether you’re lactose intolerant to if you are at risk for potential DNA damage. Knowing this, it’s absurd to think that we don’t all have an intimate knowledge of our genetic makeup.
We believe that more medical info can be far more useful than less. Combining our genetic tests to best suit your needs gives you more info in one go plus works out more cost effective than doing individual panels.
*Due to limited space on this page, please refer to individual DNA tests (Diet, Estrogen, Health, Sport) for more info about each DNA test. The info below is just a summary of each test.
DNA | Health
With a simple swab of your cheek, DNA | Health, a comprehensive DNA test, can help you better understand your health risks and how to prevent them. This test is a great foundation test to combine with one of our other DNA tests.
The 8 key areas that could lead to a chronic illness that this test looks at:
- Lipid Metabolism: High cholesterol potential and whether medication will help reduce raised cholesterol
- DNA Methylation: potential DNA damage risks
- Detoxification: key enzymes needed for effective detoxification
- Inflammation: inflammation, along with oxidative stress, are 2 key markers for almost all chronic illnesses
- Oxidative stress: this can lead to premature ageing, both inside and outside of your body
- Bone health: Osteoporosis
- Insulin sensitivity: risk of blood sugar and insulin imbalance risks associated with a wide variety including diabetes
- Food responsiveness and sensitivity: lactose intolerance, caffeine processing, salt sensitivity and blood pressure and iron overload disorders
Armed with this invaluable information, you can eliminate future health risks by carefully planning a life-long diet, exercise, supplement and general well-being plan that works to keep at bay the diseases to which you are susceptible.
DNA | Diet
Have you ever followed a diet to the letter and not seen the benefits? The answer to that question is probably yes, as everybody is different, and there is no universal diet that works for everyone.
One of the first products of its kind in the world, DNA | Diet is a test designed to help you manage your weight in a healthy and effective way. It does this by giving you and your healthcare practitioner the information you need to design a personalised weight management plan based on your genetic makeup.
Your genes offer valuable information about how your body reacts to carbohydrates, saturated fats and intensity of exercise, allowing for extreme personalisation of your eating plan to suit your needs.
DNA | Diet tests several well-researched gene variations that impact metabolism, absorption and storage of fats and carbohydrates, as well as eating behaviour. Research shows that everyone responds differently to different food combinations and there isn’t one correct way of eating for everyone.
With the information gleaned from your DNA | Diet test, you can understand how your body will respond to the three most effective healthy eating plans. i.e. Low Fat, Mediterranean, and Low Carbohydrate. Once we have your results, we will provide a detailed report with recommendations that include dietary changes and an exercise programme.
Benefits of DNA | Diet
- Provides strategies for weight management based on genetic makeup
- Provides motivation for people looking to lose weight
- Provides an understanding of why previous weight-management programs may have been unsuccessful
- Provides insight into which diet type (i.e. Mediterranean-style, low carbohydrate, low-fat diet) may be most suited to you, based on your genotype
DNA | Estrogen
Did you know that approximately 80% of breast cancer occurs in women with no family history? Pretty terrifying, right? Which is why DNA | Estrogen is a test we recommend every woman over the age of 18 should take.
Estrogen affects the function of several target tissues, and research shows that an increased lifetime exposure to estrogen is a strong risk factor for developing breast cancer.
DNA | Estrogen looks for gene variants that have been shown to have an impact on how estrogen is metabolised in your body. The test includes 11 genes involved in estrogen biosynthesis, estrogen metabolism, and Phase I and Phase II detoxification.
The results of the test provide information to create personalised diet, lifestyle, hormone, and nutraceutical recommendations to improve estrogen metabolism in your body.
This test is beneficial to both men and women who suffer from numerous estrogen-dominant conditions and who have a higher lifetime exposure to estrogens, estrogen metabolites, and other carcinogens.
Benefits of DNA | Estrogen
- Men or women with a strong family history of breast, ovarian, colon or prostate cancer.
- Women who suffer from estrogen-dominant conditions such as endometriosis, premenstrual syndrome and uterine fibroid tumours.
- Women considering oral contraceptives, hormone replacement therapy or bioidentical hormone supplementation.
- Women who are considering in-vitro fertilisation or who have been diagnosed with estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer.
DNA | Skin
DNA | Skin analyses genetic variations on 18 genes associated with key areas involved in skin health and ageing. These are collagen formation, protection from sun and UV exposure, inflammation and protection from oxidative stress.
Benefits of DNA | Skin
- Sun damage, protection, and repair
- Sun sensitivity and pigmentation
- Firmness & elasticity
- Protection from oxidative stress
- Detoxification and sensitivity
Based on the results of our DNA | Skin test, personalised nutrition, environment and lifestyle recommendations can be given to improve skincare choices and decrease the visible signs of ageing.
- DNA | Health: Gene variations associated with metabolic and biological processes, nutritional genomics, and metabolism.
- DNA | Diet: Gene variations associated with diet, exercise, weight management, metabolism, insulin sensitivity, satiety and feeding behaviour.
- DNA| Estrogen: Gene variations associated with a reduced ability to detoxify estrogen, the potential for DNA damage, the risk from environmental carcinogens including the contraceptive Pill and IVF.
- DNA | Skin: Genetic markers for collagen formation, protection from sun and UV exposure, inflammation and protection from oxidative stress.
Buccal (cheek) lining swab
Average Processing Time
Test Sample Report
Overview of our 4 nutrigenomic tests
Pair with these Biochemistry Tests
Order these tests to track and measure whether your genetic variations are manifesting in real-time:
- HORMONES | Hormones + Metabolites | BIG
- NUTRITION | Organic Acids | BIG
- TOXICITY | BPA + Parabens + Phthalates
- TOXICITY | Heavy Metals | Neurological + Xenoestrogens | BIG
- BIOCHEMISTRY | Methylation Profile
- Vitamin D Profile
It may sound like something out of a sci-fi movie, but genetic testing is a powerful health tool that can give you a deep understanding of how your body works.
At the heart of it is the molecule DNA. Every single cell in our bodies – from our heart to skin, blood and bone – contains a complete set of our DNA. This powerful molecule carries our genetic code and determines all manner of traits, from our eye colour to aspects of our personalities and, of course, our health. Interestingly, 99.9% of the DNA from two people is identical. It’s the other 0.1% of DNA code sequences that make us unique.
What are Genes?
Genes are segments of DNA that contain the instructions your body needs to make each of the many thousands of proteins required for life. Each gene is comprised of thousands of combinations of ‘letters’ which make up your genetic code. The code gives the instructions to make the proteins required for proper development and function.
What are Gene Variations?
An example of a genetic variation is that one ‘letter’ may be replaced by another. These variations can lead to changes in the resulting proteins being made. For example, a ‘C’ may be changed to a ‘G’ at a point in the genetic code. When the variation affects only one genetic ‘letter’ it is called a Single Nucleotide Polymorphism, or SNP (pronounced “snip”). Variations can however also affect more than one ‘letter’. Genetic tests look at specific chromosomes, genes or proteins, and the variations that occur within them, to make observations about disease or disease risk, body processes or physical traits.
Are Gene Variations Bad?
In general, variations should not be considered good or bad. Rather, genetic variations are simply slight differences in the genetic code. The key is to know which form of the variation you carry so that you can make appropriate lifestyle choices. And that is the beauty of genetic testing. It can tell you more about the way you're built so that you can tailor your lifestyle to fit your biology.