Cleanser | Nkuto Butter
We've curated every product on our site. You can shop with peace of mind knowing that all the products in our I DO | Environment shop are free from known DNA mutators, xenoestrogens, endocrine disruptors and carcinogens.
A cleansing blend of organic shea and pure, cold pressed African oils. Rich and velvety, it melts away impurities leaving skin clean, soft and exfoliated.
- Lipid-based cleansers are highly functional and promote deep cleansing without disturbing the skin’s barrier
- Fixed plant oils, rich in omega fatty acids, seeps into sebaceous glands, mix with skin lipids and exert a simultaneous cleansing and emollient effect
- Nkuto Butter is designed to leave a protective lipid deposit enriched with anti-septic linalool and soothing schizandrin unsaponifiables
- Free from chemical ingredients and preservatives that cause DNA mutations, endocrine disruptions and cancer
- A proudly South African product
- 30% organic
- 69% natural
- <1% naturally derived
- Travel size available
"Applying toxins to our skin is almost the same as eating it! But if we dished up a plate of sodium lauryl/laureth sulphate (SLS/SLES), dioxane, parabens, propylene glycol, triclosan, synthetic fragrance and diethanolamine (DEA) – we know that we wouldn’t eat it but many of us are still happy to put these chemicals on our skin! Sodium lauryl sulphate is a surfactant, detergent and emulsifier used in nearly all toxic cleansers. SLS originates from coconuts, however, during the manufacturing process, SLES/SLS becomes contaminated with 1,4 dioxane, a carcinogenic byproduct. SLS breaks down the skin's moisture barrier, easily penetrates the skin, and allows other chemicals to penetrate by increasing skin permeability by approximately 100-fold. Combined with other chemicals, SLS becomes a 'nitrosamine' a potent class of carcinogen. Parabens are used as preservatives in an estimated 13,200 cosmetic and skin care products. Parabens have hormone-disrupting qualities, mimicking estrogen, and interfere with the body's endocrine system. Studies have shown that parabens can affect your body much like estrogens, which can lead to diminished muscle mass, extra fat storage, and male breast growth. Diethanolamine or DEA readily reacts with nitrite preservatives and contaminants to create nitrosodiethanolamine (NDEA), a known and potent carcinogen. When Triclosan mixes with the chlorine in your tap water, chloroform is formed. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has classified this as a probable human carcinogen. Time to choose a non-toxic cleanser like this one!".
Pair with these tests
To find out 'why' you should use non-toxic face products, order these tests online to determine your genetic variations for the main detox genes and/or the levels of toxicity in your body:
- DNA | Health + Estrogen Test
- TOXICITY | BPA + Parabens + Phthalates
- HORMONES | Hormones + Metabolites Test | BIG
- TOXICITY | Heavy Metals | Neuro + Xenoestrogens | BIG
All skin types | Dehydrated | Dry
Use | Tips
- Warm a small knob of Nkuto Butter in your palms
- Gently massage into dry skin, taking extra care around the delicate eye area
- Wipe away excess on face, neck and décolletage, using a cloth soaked in hand-hot water
- Recommended for night use. In the morning refresh with cotton wool and a spritz of toner or a splash of water
Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia) Seed Oil, Cera Alba (Beeswax)*,
Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Squalane, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter,
Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Glyceryl Caprylate, Linalool, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Petitgrain) Leaf Oil,
Tocopherol, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Schizandra Sphenanthera (Schisandra) Fruit Extract, Phospholipids, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Fruit Extract*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract,
Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Safflower Oil/Palm Oil Aminopropanediol Esters,
NOTE : -The palm oil in this product is RSPO** certified
** Round Table of Sustainable Palm Oil Organisation
Store in a cool, dry and dark place.