Cleanser | Gel-to-Milk
We've curated every product on our site. You can shop with peace of mind knowing that all the products in our I DO | Environment shop are free from known DNA mutators, xenoestrogens, endocrine disruptors and carcinogens.
Fragrance-free, creamy cleanser formulated with gel-to-milk technology. Gently cleanses and conditions while swiftly removing all traces of face and eye makeup, including mascara.
- It is very important to know how cleansing works. Water is a key ingredient, naturally. With it, all water soluble impurities, dust, oil-free impurities and salt are washed off
- Soap is only used to remove oily impurities on your skin by dissolving them
- The skin is generally quite robust, but harsh cleansers, in particular, can be detrimental and the consequences of continued abuse will manifest years later
- The good news is that pure oil with its exceptionally mild, but effective degreasing properties, offers a great alternative to soap
- Gel-to-Milk is formulated with a natural oil thickener, made from Sugar Beet, that holds oil in a stable creamy gel. When water is added the creamy gel changes into an oil-rich but very light, cleansing milk that simultaneously cleanses and conditions your skin
- Free from chemical ingredients and preservatives that cause DNA mutations, endocrine disruptions and cancer
- Proudly South African
"Applying toxins to our skin is almost the same as eating it! But if we dished up a plate of sodium lauryl/laureth sulphate (SLS/SLES), dioxane, parabens, propylene glycol, triclosan, synthetic fragrance and diethanolamine (DEA) – we know that we wouldn’t eat it but many of us are still happy to put these chemicals on our skin! Sodium lauryl sulphate is a surfactant, detergent and emulsifier used in nearly all toxic cleansers. SLS originates from coconuts, however, during the manufacturing process, SLES/SLS becomes contaminated with 1,4 dioxane, a carcinogenic byproduct. SLS breaks down the skin's moisture barrier, easily penetrates the skin, and allows other chemicals to penetrate by increasing skin permeability by approximately 100-fold. Combined with other chemicals, SLS becomes a 'nitrosamine' a potent class of carcinogen. Parabens are used as preservatives in an estimated 13,200 cosmetic and skin care products. Parabens have hormone-disrupting qualities, mimicking estrogen, and interfere with the body's endocrine system. Studies have shown that parabens can affect your body much like estrogens, which can lead to diminished muscle mass, extra fat storage, and male breast growth. Diethanolamine or DEA readily reacts with nitrite preservatives and contaminants to create nitrosodiethanolamine (NDEA), a known and potent carcinogen. When Triclosan mixes with the chlorine in your tap water, chloroform is formed. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has classified this as a probable human carcinogen. Time to choose a non-toxic cleanser like this one!".
Pair with these tests
To find out 'why' you should use non-toxic face products, order these tests online to determine your genetic variations for the main detox genes and/or the levels of toxicity in your body:
- DNA | Health + Estrogen Test
- TOXICITY | BPA + Parabens + Phthalates
- HORMONES | Hormones + Metabolites Test | BIG
- TOXICITY | Heavy Metals | Neuro + Xenoestrogens | BIG
All skin types | Sensitive skin
Use | Tips
- Lightly splash face with lukewarm water
- Massage a small amount of cleanser into damp skin, taking care around the delicate eye area
- When rinsing, the creamy texture will instantly turn to a cleansing milk
- Wipe away excess cleanser using a cloth soaked in lukewarm water
Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Glycerin, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Water (Aqua), Sucrose Laurate, Sucrose Stearate, Tocopherol, Fulvic Acid, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sucrose Palmitate
Store in a cool, dry and dark place.