Body Wash | Revitalising
We've curated every product on our site. You can shop with peace of mind knowing that all the products in our I DO | Environment shop are free from known DNA mutators, xenoestrogens, endocrine disruptors and carcinogens.
This natural SLS-free body wash infused with community-sourced organic baobab fruit extract will leave skin feeling soft and clean. The natural citrus and ylang-ylang fragrance combine to make bath and shower time a delightful experience.
- Includes inulin, a prebiotic, to create a healthy micro-climate for beneficial bacteria
- pH balanced to avoid stressing the skin
- Gentle surfactants to ensure natural skin oils and beneficial microbes are not stripped and skin is not compromised
- Baobab fruit extract and Vitamin E, both strong antioxidants, fight free radical damage from pollution, the sun and the environment
- Natural plant oils such as jojoba, coconut, argan and sunflower oil deliver essential fatty acids to hydrate and nourish
- Inulin provides moisturising properties
- Aloe vera acts as a natural anti-inflammatory to soothe irritation and calm the skin
- Free from chemical ingredients and preservatives that can cause DNA mutations, endocrine disruption and cancer
- A Proudly South Africa product
"Applying chemicals to our skin is almost the same as eating it! But if we dished up a plate of sodium lauryl/laureth sulphate (SLS/SLES), dioxane, parabens, propylene glycol, triclosan, synthetic fragrance and diethanolamine (DEA) – we know that we wouldn’t eat it but many of us are still happy to put these chemicals on our skin! When we bath or shower, the steam from the hot water opens up our pores (which average 5 million) enabling higher absorption rates of these chemicals. If we shower or bath once or twice daily, can you imagine the toxic chemicals that we have been exposed to over the years! Sodium lauryl sulphate is a surfactant, detergent and emulsifier used in nearly all shampoos, toothpaste, body washes, cleansers, liquid hand soaps, laundry detergents, bath oils and bath salts. SLS originates from coconuts, however, during the manufacturing process, SLES/SLS becomes contaminated with 1,4 dioxane, a carcinogenic byproduct. SLS breaks down the skin’s moisture barrier, easily penetrates the skin, and allows other chemicals to penetrate by increasing skin permeability by approximately 100-fold. Combined with other chemicals, SLS becomes a “nitrosamine,” a potent class of carcinogen. Parabens are used as preservatives in an estimated 13,200 cosmetic and skin care products. Parabens have hormone-disrupting qualities, mimicking estrogen, and interfere with the body’s endocrine system. Studies have shown that parabens can affect your body much like estrogens, which can lead to diminished muscle mass, extra fat storage, and male breast growth. Diethanolamine or DEA readily reacts with nitrite preservatives and contaminants to create nitrosodiethanolamine (NDEA), a known and potent carcinogen. When triclosan mixes with the chlorine in your tap water, chloroform is formed. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has classified this as a probable human carcinogen. Time to chose non-toxic shower and bath products".
Pair with these tests
To find out 'why' you should use non-toxic body products, order these tests online to determine your genetic variations for the main detox genes and/or the levels of toxicity in your body:
- DNA | Health + Estrogen Test
- TOXICITY | BPA + Parabens + Phthalates
- HORMONES | Hormones + Metabolites Test | BIG
- TOXICITY | Heavy Metals | Neuro + Xenoestrogens | BIG
The whole family.
Keep tightly closed in a cool, dry place.