Body Lotion | Hydrating
We've curated every product on our site. You can shop with peace of mind knowing that all the products in our I DO | Environment shop are free from known DNA mutators, xenoestrogens, endocrine disruptors and carcinogens.
A non-greasy all body moisturiser to soothe and hydrate, leaving skin feeling silky smooth and soft. Organic coconut oil delivers hydration and nourishment while community sourced kigelia assists to firm the skin and even out skin tone. Marula oil is packed with essential fatty acids and powerful antioxidants to help maintain the skin's moisture barrier, provide long lasting hydration and protect against environmental aggressors.
- Includes inulin, a prebiotic, to create a healthy micro-climate for beneficial bacteria
- pH balanced to avoid stressing the skin
- Gentle surfactants to ensure natural skin oils and beneficial microbes are not stripped and skin is not compromised
- Baobab fruit extract and Vitamin E, both strong antioxidants, fight free radical damage from pollution, the sun and the environment
- Natural plant oils such as jojoba, coconut, argan and sunflower oil deliver essential fatty acids to hydrate and nourish aloe vera acts as a natural anti-inflammatory to soothe irritation and calm the skin
- Free from chemical ingredients and preservatives that cause DNA mutations, endocrine disruption and cancer
- Proudly South African
"Often alkyloamides (MEA, DEA, TEA, MIPA and PEG’s) are used as thickening agents, emollients and emulsifiers in moisturisers. They are manufactured by using fatty acids as the starting material. This ingredient is not considered toxic, but can become contaminated with nitrosamines which are considered cancer causing! Butylated hydroxianisole (BHA)/Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) are synthetic antioxidants in moisturisers. BHT is a suspected human carcinogen. BHA & BHT both act as a synthetic estrogen or xenoestrogen. Another “nasty” that is often added to body lotions and creams is Disodium EDTA. This ingredient is often used in sprays, powders, body lotions and creams. This toxin is cytotoxic and weakly genotoxic (causing DNA mutations), although not carcinogenic. It has also shown to be a reproductive toxin. Oxybenzone is classified as a “chemical” sunscreen agent but is often added to help preserve the integrity of other cosmetic ingredients, preventing their deterioration under the sun. It can be found in body creams and lotions. Oxybenzone is a photocarcinogen, it has demonstrated an increase in the production of harmful free radicals and an ability to attack DNA cells. In short, we really should avoid using body creams and lotions that contain any of these chemicals". (ref: www.ewg.com)
Pair with these tests
To find out 'why' you should be using non-toxic body products, order these tests online to determine your genetic variations for the main detox genes and/or the levels of toxicity in your body:
- DNA | Health + Estrogen Test
- TOXICITY | BPA + Parabens + Phthalates
- HORMONES | Hormones + Metabolites Test | BIG
- TOXICITY | Heavy Metals | Neuro + Xenoestrogens | BIG
The whole family.
Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil*, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Seed Oil, Adansonia Digitata (Baobab) Fruit Extract*, Inulin, Glyceryl Caprylate, Stearic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Oil*, Kigelia Africana Fruit Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Lactic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Mentha Vidiris (Spearmint) Leaf Oil*, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Geraniol, Citronellol, Linalool**, Limonene**
*ingredients from organic farming
**component of natural essential oils
99.5% of the total ingredients are from Natural Origin 25% of the total ingredients are from Organic Farming
Keep tightly closed in a cool, dry place.