Alpha Lipoic Acid
AMIPRONappi Code: 710692-001
We've curated every product in our I DO | Nutrition shop based on their nutrigenomic properties and leading manufacturing standards. Nutrigenomics is the study of food and nutrients as one of the most important environmental modifiers of gene expression. A personalised protocol based on your unique DNA, biochemistry and symptoms can help you create optimal wellness and prevent many chronic lifestyle-related diseases. This is called 'personalised scientific wellness'.
Potent antioxidant | Balances blood sugar levels
Alpha lipoic acid is a fatty acid that is produced by the body and absorbed from the food you eat. It has potent antioxidant properties and plays a crucial role in energy production by helping the body produce ATP - the body's cellular energy source.
Alpha lipoic acid, also called thiotic acid, is considered a 'conditionally essential antioxidant nutrient'. The body makes some of its own alpha lipoic acid, but you still need to get most of it from your food. It's most plentiful source is in red meat. Your body’s ability to make alpha lipoic acid declines with age, so you become more dependent on dietary sources.
Benefits | Features
- Alpha lipoic acid is a powerful antioxidant that neutralises free radicals (oxidants) including heavy metals
- Has a beneficial effect on insulin sensitivity, glucose metabolism, and diabetic neuropathy
- Helps reduce blood sugar levels
- Neutralises free radicals that contribute to cardiovascular disease, cancer and arthritis
- Plays a role in inhibiting glycation (sugar-damaged proteins) by enhancing the movement of blood sugar into cells and reducing blood sugar levels
- Promotes greater energy production by muscles and reduces the amount of sugar stored as fat
- Packaged in recyclable material
Pair this with these tests
These DNA and/or biochemistry tests can help you better understand your body so you can start to personalise your nutrition, environment and lifestyle choices and be healthier:
Servings Size: 1 Vegicap
Servings per container: 60
Amount per 1 vegicap:
|Alpha Lipoic Acid||250mg|
Magnesium stearate, perkasil
Take 1 vegicap per day with food or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Cautions | Warnings | Interactions
Consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Do not exceed recommended dosages unless on the advice of a healthcare provider. If you are on medication, taking nutritional supplements, suffering from any medical condition, pregnant, or breastfeeding, it is advisable to seek medical advice before starting any new food, supplement or remedy. Do not use this product if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. Keep out of the reach of children.
Store tightly closed in a cool, dry, dark place.