NUTRITION | Amino Acids | 20
"JOINCIRCLES enables you to own your own medical data. After buying an advanced biochemistry test here, we’ll send your test kit out the next working day. When your kit arrives, do the test and call our courier to collect – follow the simple instructions in the kit. The lab will take around 21 working days to analyse your sample from the time they receive your sample. When your results are ready, I'll email them directly to you. To get the full value from your results, we highly recommend that you contact a healthcare practitioner from our ‘Practitioner Circle’ to take you through your results. This will help you understand how and where to focus your efforts. They may suggest additional relevant blood, blood spot and urine biochemistry tests that you can do going forward, to measure and track your risks and potentials. After your consult, you could book a wellness coaching appointment with Margie to get you started and keep you on track. Once you have your biochemistry results, you can start shopping for your personalised nutrition, environment and lifestyle choices on JOINCIRCLES.com. This is how you start on your journey towards optimal wellness! Please contact me if you need help choosing the right test and/or practitioner for your needs". Dr Heidi | email@example.com
The 20 Amino Acids Test is an amino acid test that measures all the essential and non-essential amino acids.
Imbalanced or insufficient amino acids levels, and/or protein malabsorption, can affect a wide range of body functions and lead to symptoms or conditions that hamper optimal wellness and create lifestyle-related chronic disease.
Once you know your amino acids levels, you can adjust* your protein intake and/or take a protein supplement.
*Always work with your doctor when changes to your diet or introducing a new supplement.
Amino acids play central roles as building blocks of proteins and as intermediates in metabolism. Amino-acid metabolism may be compromised by common lifestyle and dietary factors, which may result in inadequate levels of essential amino acids and/or missing nutrient cofactors required for effective amino acid metabolism. This test can illuminate problems in amino acid absorption and metabolism by determining amino acid imbalances in the nine essential amino acids, four conditionally essential amino acids, and seven additional amino acids. Intervention with a personalised diet plan, a protein supplement or personalised amino-acid supplement based on test results may be effective in conditions associated with inefficient amino acid metabolism.
"Amino acids, known as the "building blocks" of proteins, are found in every tissue of the body. They play a major role in nearly every chemical process that affects both physical and mental function including the formation of ligaments, tendons, bones, antibodies and regulation of enzymes and blood transport proteins. Twenty different amino acids are used to synthesise proteins.
Imbalanced or insufficient amino acids can affect a wide range of body functions, producing symptoms that can negatively affect the quality of your life. This comprehensive panel of essential, conditionally essential amino acids and non-essential amino acids provides clinical utility and supports the development of personalised treatments. A formula for a customized amino-acid blend is provided with each report as well as amino acid replacement amounts based on your test results".
Benefits | Features
- Anyone* can do this test including children and babies
- It's simple finger prick test that can easily be done at home
- Fasting levels of amino acids best show the levels and utilisation of these critical building blocks
- Your report will show which amino acids you need to supplement
- In your report, you will also receive a list of amino acids for a custom amino acid blend**
- Your personalised amino acid blend can be made by a compounding pharmacy***
- The style of the report allows you to quickly see potential areas of concern
- Amino acids results are also categorized into functional areas
*Please contact your healthcare practitioner if you are buying this test for a baby or child, and before drawing blood from a baby or child.
**Please consult your healthcare practitioner before taking your unique amino acid blend to ensure it's safe for you to take. Contact us if you need the name of a good compounding pharmacy.
Who would benefit from this test?
- Anyone wanting to know more about their body's essential amino acid profile, their dietary protein intake, and their protein digestion and absorption.
- Anyone wanting more personalised dietary guidance - you can take your results to a dietitian who can create a personlised plan for you.- Anyone experiencing 1 or more of the following symptoms or conditions:
- A metabolic, nutritional, or neurological disorder
- Digestive issues
- Mood issues
- Specific amino acids deficiency symptoms
- Weak immune system
- Weight issues
Contributing | Causal factors
- The type of protein you're eating
- Amino acid intake imbalances
- Protein absorption problems
Essential and non-essential amino acid concentrations in the body
Nutritional and metabolic amino acids
More info about the analytes
This test measures the following essential amino acids:
- Limiting amino acids
- Branched chain amino acids
- Other essential amino acids
- Conditionally essential amino acids
This test's report also presents the amino acids under these useful functional headings:
- Vascular function
- Neurotransmitters and precursors
- Sulfur amino acids (glutathione-related)
- Urea cycle and ammonia detoxification
Test sample report
Test sample type
- Bloodspot - just 1 drop of blood from a finger prick
About 2 weeks
Lab's name for test
Amino Acids 20 Profile - Blood Spot