The Detox Phases
Your daily nutrition, environment and lifestyle choices play a BIG role in all the phases of detox. If you already know your genetic variations for the key detox genes, then you'll know where you have to personalise and support your detox pathways. If you don't know your specific genetic variation for these genes, then you can still make better, more general choices to support and protect your detox pathways.When looking at phase 1 and 2 liver detox pathways, it's a good idea to think about the process in the following steps:
- Toxins in - what are my toxic exposures? Are my choices of beauty and household products adding to my toxic burden? Am I eating highly processed foods with many additives and preservatives?
- Phase 1 Support - Are my daily food choices providing optimal support to this phase?
- Phase 1 Protection - Am I eating the right nutrients for phase 1 protection?
- Phase 2 Support - Is my diet helping my phase 2 detox processes?
- Toxins Out - Am I making choices to 'get the toxins out such as daily exercise and movement, regular bowel movements?