SOLALNappi Code: None
R 115.50 R 165.00
We've curated every product in our I DO | Nutrition shop based on their nutrigenomic properties and leading manufacturing standards. Nutrigenomics is the study of food and nutrients as one of the most important environmental modifiers of gene expression. A personalised protocol based on your unique DNA, biochemistry and symptoms can help you create optimal wellness and prevent many chronic lifestyle-related diseases. This is called 'personalised scientific wellness'.
Bones | Teeth | Heart
Vitamin K2 is essential for correct calcium metabolism. Vitamin K2 supports the development and maintenance of bones and teeth by helping the absorption and use of calcium and phosphorus and helps prevent vitamin K deficiency. Higher levels of vitamin K are associated with improved heart health.
Benefits | Features
- Contains effective vitamin K2, not the less effective K1 form
- Both forms of K2, not only one form like other K2 products
The K vitamins are a group of essential, fat-soluble, nutritional compounds with a similar ring structure. The varying side chains differentiate the compounds in terms of intestinal absorption, transport, tissue distribution and bioavailability. Vitamin K2 is a group of menaquinones (MK). The most biologically active forms are MK-7 and MK-4. MK-7 is normally synthesised by bacteria in the colon. Vitamin K2 is transported with both LDL- and triacylglycerol-rich fractions of plasma lipoproteins, reaching the liver and many extra-hepatic tissues.
- Vitamin K2 supports the development and maintenance of bones and teeth by enhancing calcium and phosphorus absorption and use.
- Vitamin K2 is essential for correct calcium metabolism: It keeps calcium where it belongs - in the bones and out of the blood vessels.
- Some population research suggests that higher dietary intake of vitamin K2, especially the MK-4 fraction, is associated with a reduced risk of coronary calcification (plaque build-up) and mortality (death) from coronary heart disease.
- Research suggests that vitamin K2 supplementation has a greater effect in reducing the risk of coronary calcification and mortality from coronary heart disease compared to vitamin K1.
- Packaged in recyclable material
Pair with these tests
To check if you should include this product in your daily supplement protocol, you can order the following DNA and/or biochemistry tests online:
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings per container: 30
Amount of active ingredient per capsule:
|Menaquinone-4 (MK-4) K2||93µg|
|Menaquinone-7 (MK-7) K2||27µg|
Hypromellose (cellulose) vegetarian capsule shell (gelatin-free), magnesium stearate (vegetarian – flow agent), magnesium silicate and microcrystalline cellulose. Allergen: Soy
- Adults and children over 12 years of age: Take 1 capsule daily, after food.
Cautions | Warnings | Interactions
Consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Do not exceed recommended dosages unless on the advice of a healthcare provider. If you are on medication, taking nutritional supplements, suffering from any medical condition, pregnant, or breastfeeding, it is advisable to seek medical advice before starting any new food, supplement or remedy. Do not use this product if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. Keep out of the reach of children.
- Avoid if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. Don’t exceed the indicated dose, nor combine with other medication or pre-existing illness without medical advice.
- Orally, vitamin K2 has no reported side effects.
- There are no known contraindications.
- Individuals taking anticoagulant (blood thinning) medications such as warfarin must not take this supplement.
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding
- Safety during pregnancy and breastfeeding has not been established.
Store tightly closed in a cool, dry, dark place.