Bundle | Methylation Diet and Lifestyle eBook + Cleveland Clinic Webinars
DR KARA FITZGERALD
Bundle and save 10% when you buy both products!
This bundle includes the ebook by Dr Kara called 'Methylation Diet and Lifestyle eBook' and webinars by Dr Kara at the Cleveland Clinic where she discussed her 'Methylation Diet and Lifestyle (MDL)' programme.
What is methylation?
Methylation is a fundamental process that happens in every cell in our bodies all of the time. It’s used for so many core processes including making and processing hormones and neurotransmitters, developing healthy immune cells, detoxification of exogenous ('from the outside') substances like environmental toxins and clearing histamine.
Methylation is also vital for healthy cellular renewal and is one of the most important ways that we can actually modify our genetic expression. The ability to turn individual genes ‘on’ or ‘off’ is determined by their methylation patterns.
That’s right – your genes are not your destiny! By modifying your diet and lifestyle, you can optimize gene expression to give you the best chance at a longer lifespan and longer ‘healthspan.’
The 'dance of methylation' extends far beyond just supplementing with B12 and some methylated folate.
You can help prevent 'methyl donor drain' through personalised lifestyle interventions, including reducing the amount of total inflammation in your body, supporting your microbiome, choosing exercise, stress reduction and sufficient sleep, along with a careful dietary prescription that supports methyl donor reserve.
This well-rounded approach is a safer approach which allows the complex, homeodynamic process of methylation to take place.
Long-term outcome studies using this approach are lacking, and research suggests caution is advised with regard to imbalanced hypermethylation. However, much can be done to safely support methylation balance. This book is a great resource to use to start understanding methylation better.
You might already know if you have genetic variations in your methylation pathways, such as an altered MTHFR gene (many of us do), because you have done a DNA test or perhaps you know that you have raised homocysteine levels. Perhaps you want to know how to eat for your genes and optimize your health overall.
Either way, this ebook and these recipes will be very useful for you!
eBook | Methylation Diet and Lifestyle eBook
This ebook will give you an in-depth understanding of methylation and how best to support your methylation pathways. The content is based on the latest research data plus Dr Kara Fitzgerald's wealth of clinical and research experience.
Dr Kara Fitzgerald is a world leader in the field of methylation and runs a Functional Medicine practice in the USA that focuses on issues related to methylation.
eBook | What's in this ebook?
- 140 pages with over 150 references
- An explanation of the functions of methylation in the body, as well as its biochemistry and nutrient requirements
- A description of the clinical problems surrounding methylation, including MTHFR and other gene SNPs and nutrient deficits
- A comprehensive discussion of the pros and cons of supplemental methylation nutrients (including folic acid vs 5-mTHF)
- A review of the literature that strongly suggests we should proceed with caution in pushing enzymatic reaction rates, to avoid hypermethylation states
- How to approach methylation assessment in a more comprehensive manner, including genetics, metabolic markers, nutrient status and more
- What foods provide safe forms of methylation-related nutrients, and dietary patterns that support healthy methylation
- How lifestyle factors such as stress and exercise, and other physiological conditions such as inflammation, oxidative stress, toxin exposure, microbiome imbalance and malabsorption can impact methylation status and what to advise
- Two 7-day menu plans (1 x gluten, 1 x dairy-free, 1 x Paleo) with over 40 recipes, and detailed nutrient analysis so you know how much of each methylation nutrient is provided
- Practitioner checklists for assessment and intervention options
Webinars | Presentations at the Cleveland Clinic on the Methylation Diet and Lifestyle (MDL)
- The Cleveland Clinic Center for Functional Medicine is one of the nation’s foremost functional medicine programs, established in collaboration with the Institute for Functional Medicine.
- In June and July 2016, Dr Kara presented the MDL to their nutrition and physician teams.
- These recorded sessions are a useful introduction or complement to the 'Methylation Diet and Lifestyle eBook', outlining the state of the research around both metabolic and epigenetic methylation, the impact of various dietary and lifestyle factors, and an overview of the Methylation Diet program.
- The content is primarily suitable for practitioners or non-practitioners who already have some level of understanding of methylation activity in the body.
Webinars | What's in the webinars?
- 2 x one hour-long recorded webinar presentations with Q&A
- Presentation 1: A presentation by Dr Kara Fitzgerald ND and Romilly Hodges MS CNS to the nutrition and health coach team at the Cleveland Clinic
- Presentation 2: A presentation by Kara Fitzgerald ND to the Cleveland Clinic's physicians
- Downloadable slide PDF's
Pair with these tests
DNA | Health (contains DNA | Methylation Panel + more)
DNA | Estrogen (contains just a few methylation SNPs)
DNA | Health + Estrogen (contains DNA | Methylation Panel + more)
- We sell this these products through an affiliate program with Dr Kara Fitzgerald. When you click to 'BUY NOW', you will automatically be taken to Dr Kara's site to pay using your credit card or PayPal account. This process is safe and very easy!
- The price we have listed here is just a guideline - the price may vary slightly on the day you buy this product on her website due to the Rand:USA Dollar exchange rate.
- To clarify: These products will not be added to your JOINCIRCLES cart. If you are a JOINCIRCLES VIP because you've done one of our DNA tests, your less 15% VIP discount cannot be applied to this product. We are very sorry about this but it is due to the way the affiliate software is set up.