SOLALNappi Code: 897036006
We've curated every product in our I DO | Nutrition shop based on their nutrigenomic properties and leading manufacturing standards. Nutrigenomics is the study of food and nutrients as one of the most important environmental modifiers of gene expression. A personalised protocol based on your unique DNA, biochemistry and symptoms can help you create optimal wellness and prevent many chronic lifestyle-related diseases. This is called 'personalised scientific wellness'.
Healthy blood sugar levels
Chromium is an essential trace mineral that potentiates insulin action and thus influences carbohydrate, protein, and fat metabolism. It enhances insulin receptor sensitivity and is useful for obesity, diabetes, insulin resistance (hyperinsulinemia/glucose intolerance) and post-meal fatigue. Chromium may also help reduce carbohydrate cravings.
Benefits | Features
- Chromium polynicotinate is the safest and best-absorbed form of chromium (better absorbed than chromium picolinate)
Chromium is thought to be the active component of glucose tolerance factor (GTF) which is a complex of molecules found in the body. The exact mechanism of action of chromium remains unclear. Chromium may act by potentiation of insulin activity to normalise insulin function. It may directly bind insulin, increase insulin binding to red blood cells, increase insulin receptor number or affect receptor proteins, increase insulin internalisation in cells, or increase pancreatic beta-cell glucose sensitivity. Chromium seems to play a role in the metabolism of both carbohydrates and fats.
Pair with these tests
These DNA and/or biochemistry test/s can help you better understand your body so you can start to personalise your nutrition, environment and lifestyle choices and be healthier:
Serving size: 2 tablets
Servings per container: 45
Amount of active ingredients per 1 tablet:
Microcrystalline cellulose, vinylpyrrolidone-vinyl acetate, colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate
Directions for use
Adults and children over 12 years of age:
- Take 1 tablet twice daily with meals, or as recommended by your healthcare provider. This dose can be doubled after 1-2 months if required.
Children 7-12 years of age:
- Take 1 tablet daily with a meal, or as recommended by your healthcare provider.
Cautions | Warnings | Interactions
Consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Do not exceed recommended dosages unless on the advice of a healthcare provider. If you are on medication, taking nutritional supplements, suffering from any medical condition, pregnant, or breastfeeding, it is advisable to seek medical advice before starting any new food, supplement or remedy. Do not use this product if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. Keep out of the reach of children.
- Dose exceeding the recommended dosage can cause anaemia and liver dysfunction.
- Do not exceed recommended dosages unless on the advice of a healthcare provider.
- Do not use this product if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- May include headaches, insomnia, sleep disturbances, irritability and mood changes.
- There are no known contraindications
- Theoretically, concomitant use might increase the risk of hypoglycaemia because chromium can improve blood sugar levels.
- Chromium is believed to bind levothyroxine in the intestinal tract and may lead to reduced absorption.
- Take levothyroxine at least 30-minutes before or 3-4 hours after chromium.
- Medicines that deplete chromium levels or affect absorption include: • Antacids • Corticosteroids • H2-Blockers • Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs)
- Use cautiously in individuals with renal or hepatic insufficiency.
- Use cautiously in individuals with diabetes or in individuals receiving oral hypoglycemics or insulin. Blood glucose should be closely monitored and the dosage of diabetic agents may need to be reduced. This should be carefully coordinated under the supervision of a healthcare provider.
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding
- Chromium should only be used in pregnancy under the supervision of a medical practitioner.
- Breastfeeding women should not take more than 1 tablet per day, unless under the supervision of a medical practitioner.
Store in a cool dry place below 25°C. Keep out of the reach of children.