Knowing more about your DNA can help you form a solid foundation for more personalised nutrition, environment and lifestyle choices. It can also give you a 'heads up' about where to expect weaknesses in your biochemistry, help you prevent key lifestyle-related chronic illness, and help you craft a path towards optimal wellness.
If you’re just starting to take an interest in your DNA, our DNA | Health test is a great starting point.
The test gives you information about 9 key health areas, and armed with this information, you’ll be able to formulate personalised plans to help prevent chronic diseases.
The nine key areas are:
- Lipid and cholesterol metabolism
- DNA methylation and risk for cancer (related to methylation)
- Oxidative stress
- Insulin sensitivity and risk for diabetes
- Vitamin D receptor status
- Bone health and potential risk for osteoporosis
- Food responsiveness and sensitivity including lactose intolerance, caffeine processing, blood pressure risk due to salt intake, and iron overload disorders
Our DNA | Health test closely examines all nine of these pillars and gives you invaluable information such as the following:
- Risky ‘misspellings’ in your DNA and how to combat them with nutritional, environmental and lifestyle support.
- Detailed information on the unique nutrients, vitamins and minerals your body needs to help support and compensate for these genetic misspellings.
- Whether you can reduce your cholesterol via diet or whether medication will work better for you.
- Your ability to methylate and how best to support this process.
- How susceptible you are to the effects of certain toxins and carcinogens in your diet.
- Your potential for inflammation and oxidative stress.
- The status of your vitamin D receptor – this might indicate that you need to test for vitamin D (blood test is called: vitamin D 25-OH) more frequently and whether you might need more vitamin D3 supplement support.
- Your potential for osteoporosis.
- Your potential for blood sugar and insulin-related issues.
- Your ability to break down and use lactose, caffeine, salt, polyunsaturated fat metabolism, and iron overload.
As you can see, this is an extremely comprehensive test. With just one swab of your cheek you will receive information about your overall health and wellbeing, which you can use for the rest of your life to make more informed and targeted nutrition, environment and lifestyle decisions.
My DNA. My Choices.